Pay Grade 35, Salary DOE&Q
The Tickle College of Engineering Office of Communications at the University of Tennessee,
Knoxville, seeks to hire a digital media specialist. This position works closely with other internal team members as well as college and departmental clients within engineering to promote the activities of faculty and students through digital channels. The position will actively participate in the creative process through collecting, creating, and implementing copy and multimedia across a variety of digital platforms (websites, e-newsletters, other digital campaigns, and social media).
Associate’s degree (bachelor’s degree preferred)
At least 1 years of professional experience directly related to duties and responsibilities (2+ years preferred)
- Create, update, and maintain website content (in coordination with team writers) for the Departments of Nuclear (NE), Civil & Environmental (CEE), and Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (CBE)
- Plan and help with larger departmental website redesigns as needed
- Determine needs and timeline for new website content and functionality
- Create and monitor website forms and responses for events and other purposes
- Find opportunities to cross-post content from websites to other digital platforms as appropriate
- Assist with the selection, installation, and maintenance of plugins as needed
- Use smart email marketing platform to assist in the creation and distribution of e-newsletters
- Use HTML templates to build e-newsletters for alumni audiences and coordinate distribution with outside groups
- Assist with image selection and layout of all content
- Coordinate timing of news posts with team's content calendar and goals of departments and college
- Meet as part of team with clients to discuss needs, audience, content, and functionality of all digital pieces and provide feedback to clients based on industry standards and best practices
- Create, maintain, and coordinate distribution of digital display screen content for various building display screens
- May edit video footage
- Solid understanding of one or more production disciplines: print, digital, or broadcast (multi-media)
- Foundational knowledge of communications strategies
- Solid understanding of web accessibility standards, SEO, web best practices, information architecture, and the principles of user-centered design.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Competent with industry standard software packages, or demonstrated ability to learn them quickly
- Ability to easily move back and forth between projects
- Strong dedication to meeting deadlines
- Ability to produce creative work within a system of established templates and content delivery systems.
- Ability to write short- and long-form content for a variety of digital platforms is preferred
- Basic knowledge of video editing using Adobe Creative Suites products is preferred
- Basic knowledge of web coding and standards and the process of ground-up website development is preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML email coding and best practices is preferred.
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and three references. You may also upload or link to other supporting documents or online examples that demonstrate your abilities as related to the requirements of the position.
About the Office
- Interacts appropriately with clients, college administration, and internal team members
- Works well independently and as part of a group as needed
- Actively participates in building camaraderie and sharing successes with team members
- Receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Builds and maintains good client satisfaction
- Acts professionally when representing the office during interactions with clients
The Office of Communications enthusiastically promotes the research, accolades, and activities of the Tickle College of Engineering and its students, faculty, and staff to internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communications channels. The office maintains the college website at engr.utk.edu, manages the college’s social media presence, annually produces two college and multiple departmental alumni print magazines, supports college outreach events, writes and distributes news to internal and external audiences, and assists engineering units with developing and implementing a wide variety of strategic communication pieces to further the mission and vision of the college and university.
Job Other Tech/Para-Professional
Primary Location US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization Administration - Engineering
Job Posting Oct 18, 2018, 7:43:30 AM