At HealthPartners UnityPoint Health, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager – HealthPartners UnityPoint Health. This role will be tasked with retaining and growing assigned accounts to achieve annual growth and revenue targets. The Account Manager will provide disease and population health risk management reporting, consultation and recommendations to assigned accounts and will be responsible for establishing and executing strategic business plans on existing accounts to achieve short and long-range objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years sales/account management experience in the health care industry.
- Iowa insurance license within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrated group presentation, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of basic insurance underwriting principles
- Knowledge of large group benefits
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated capacity for working in a fast paced setting.
- Proficiency with computer software and contact tracking programs.
- Project management skills in a team based environment.
- Content expertise in disease management, case management, and disease prevention.
- Current, valid, unrestricted Driver’s License (in the state of residence) free of major traffic violations or a pattern of repeated violations for the last 3 years and daily access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Execution of a non-competition agreement upon hire.
- Strong business background and/or advanced courses in business, marketing or finance.
- 5+ years account management experience or experience in a benefit related position.
- Health care or related background.
- Clinical experience.
- Knowledge of basic insurance underwriting principles.
- Retain and grow assigned accounts on a profitable basis.
- Formulate and develop strategic action plans for employers and HealthPartners to implement to reduce employer specific health care cost trends and improve health.
- Provide overall consultation on benefits and health care strategies that align with HealthPartners Triple Aim.
- Provide oversight of internal population health risk management implementation on behalf of accounts.
- Coordinate benefit and trend management strategies with other department.
- Develop and maintain relationships with lead consultants on accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers and benefits personal as assigned accounts.
HealthPartners UnityPoint Health is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #50197.
Job Type: Full-time
- health care industry sales/account management: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Office or call center