Project Geologist / Environmental Scientist
Posted Date 6 months ago(1/25/2018 9:37 AM)
Area of Interest:
EN - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
# of Positions:
J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WHYDROGEO, J2WPROJECTS
Golder Associates of NC Inc. is currently seeking a Project Level Geologist or Environmental Scientist for the Greensboro, NC location. This individual will manage environmental projects that involve field studies, report preparation, budget management, and interaction with coworkers, clients, subcontractors, and regulators. Projects will include groundwater, surface water, soil, and air sampling; environmental site assessments; regulatory permitting; subsurface site characterizations involving drilling, soil classification, aquifer testing, and bedrock mapping; remediation; and treatment system operation, maintenance, and monitoring. Position requires travel and fieldwork. The successful candidate should enjoy identifying new business opportunities and building successful client relationships. Additional position responsibilities will include the ability to:
- Understand various regulatory environments and associated technical requirements;
- Prepare proposals (scope, schedule, and budget);
- Evaluate analytical data and identify, develop, and manage the remedial solutions for our clients;
- Oversee drillers and other on-site contractors;
- Prepare boring and well construction logs;
- Prepare state and federal level reports and other deliverables;
- Interact with environmental agencies and clients;
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects through all phases of development;
- Supervise, coordinate, and review/evaluate activities carried out by junior engineers and scientists;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment;
- Assist with junior staff mentoring; and
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key clients by providing technical expertise, attending client meetings, participating in industry events, and responding to requests for proposals.
Requires B.S. (minimum) in Geology, Environmental Science, or similar earth science, and a minimum of 5 years of environmental project experience, including project management, proposal writing, client contact, and regulatory interaction. North Carolina PG or equivalent licensure preferred.
Desirable Skills: The successful candidate should have:
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel. Specialized computer skills including database applications, groundwater and contaminant modeling software, GIS, gINT, and AutoCAD;
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills;
- North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia regulatory experience;
- Environmental field monitoring / sampling experience using various methods and equipment (groundwater, surface water, soil, air);
- Drilling and well installation experience using various drilling methods;
- Treatment system operation, maintenance, and monitoring experience;
- Leadership ability with a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and within groups;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training
- Qualified candidate must pass a physical examination and drug screen as a condition of employment, and must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a daily basis and must be willing to travel for field work as dictated by project demands.
No telephone calls or emails please.
Golder Associates Inc., an employee-owned consulting firm with branch offices throughout the United States, specializes in environmental sciences, hydrogeology, and engineering. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we provide a drug free work environment. Interested candidates should include the phrase “Making a Difference” in the regarding line of their resume cover letter.
Our Staff Benefit from:
- An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
- Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
- Employee mentoring program
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.