For nearly 60 years, Ormco has partnered with the orthodontic community to manufacture innovative products and solutions to enhance the lives of our customers and their patients. Distinguished products range from legacy twin brackets (Inspire ICE™, Titanium Orthos™ and Mini Diamond™) to pioneering the self-ligating appliances with the Damon™ System (including Damon™ Q2 and Damon™ Clear 2). Ormco’s Insignia™ Advanced Smile Design™ provides an all-inclusive customized indirect bonding solution for increased clinical efficiency. From personalized service to professional education programs and marketing support, Ormco is committed to helping orthodontists achieve their clinical and practice management objectives. For more information, visit www.ormco.com.
Exceptional surface finish skill and technique, works with little or no direction to polish and hold tolerances required for high precision, high quality tools +/-0.0001, perform mold cleaning as needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Polish all types of tools and dies and perform machining operations on tool room machines, using all necessary machine attachments to make replacement parts, tools, and dies.
- Plan work to be performed and determine methods and sequence of operations working from tool design drawings or our own designs to establish the best method to deliver high quality, high precisions tools.
- Advanced polishing techniques, ability to bring surfaces to SPI A-1 finishes.
- Operates various types of polishing equipment (Profilers, sonic polishers, stones) to complete assignment as required. Select polishing tools, holding fixtures, stones and compounds, for all kinds of metals and pieces to be worked.
- Works from and interprets blue prints to achieve required finishes for molds, dies, tools and fixtures.
- Assists in the estimating, planning, and timely completion of assigned work.
- Records data required to accurately track mold, die maintenance activity.
- Identify key areas of improvement in our system and communicate these effectively to management, including identifying and recommending equipment for tool room.
- Regular reporting of progress to the management team, both verbally and through written reports.
- Maintains the work area through good housekeeping and safety practice in accordance to 5S standards.
- Consistently challenge oneself to improve on process and efficiency.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
AA / Technical degree, technical apprenticeship, or 15+ years’ experience in a technical tool making role.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in all types of surface finishes up to and including SPI A-1.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience holding tolerances of +/-0.0001 in a medical environment for mold, dies, and fixtures.
- Fundamental understanding GD&T tolerances and dimensions for high precision medical devices.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
: Manufacturing & Operations
: North America-North America-United States-CA-Pomona