The GVS Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of filters and components for applications in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Automotive, Appliance, Safety, and Commercial & Industrial Filtration.
The Group's clear strategy towards internationalization, has led to the opening of 15 production facilities located in Italy, UK, Brazil, the United States, China and Romania, as well as offices in Germany, Spain, Argentina, México, Japan, Korea, Russia and India. GVS currently maintains a workforce of over 2,300 people globally.
For more than 35 years, GVS has focused on innovation in its products range and production processes, constantly improving its development capacity to provide the best service and support for its clients.
GVS produce a wide range of standard filters and components in all the divisions, these standard products support customers by eliminating the need for large investments to develop new products or improve existing processes.
All the GVS product range meets the highest quality standards required, even for very high tech or critical applications. Working at this level guarantees a high quality level for every product manufactured.
GVS has developed a flexible and dynamic structure with advanced technological skills. GVS is currently recruiting the following position:
The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment and systems critical to the manufacturing and building operations of a multi-shift manufacturing site. The Maintenance Technician is an experienced maintenance professional possessing the knowledge, skills, and ability to troubleshoot and repair complex manufacturing and utility equipment issues with minimal guidance or supervision.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks, records, logs and other written and computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Work cross functionally to ensure scheduling of PMs and repairs and coordinate daily activities with production supervisor.
- Manages equipment downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance.
- Develop and/or revise maintenance and operating procedures for the facilities team. Ensure all documentation and data is complete, accurate and current.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using technical documentation such as electrical and mechanical drawings, manuals, etc. Detect source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation. Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Perform start-up and shut-down of equipment and systems in support of manufacturing operations.
- Provide technical support to production personnel as needed.
- Operate material handling equipment to effectively install, remove or relocated equipment and other items as needed
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Communicate with maintenance leader equipment issues that cannot be immediately corrected and initiate parts requests.
- Support facility maintenance tasks as needed to ensure a clean, safe and presentable facility.
- Supervise external service vendors performing maintenance activities on site when necessary.
- Provide support and assist with specialized projects.
- Understand and follow all workplace safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures
- Support the Hazardous Waste Program at the site.
Experience and skills required include:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 5+ years as an industrial mechanical or electrical maintenance technician troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment within a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience with network based maintenance systems and Microsoft products (Word and Excel) and email software such as Lotus or Outlook
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong communication and written skills
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools Proactively support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Monitors contractor’s performance and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, flammables, high pressure air, and moving machinery
- Experience in Hazardous Waste Programs and Waste Water Operations is a plus.
- Fork lift and hoist training/certification is a plus
GVS North America offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy
- 401K Plan
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off Days
GVS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time