Robotics Software Specialist (AER0004KP)
External Description - External Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States. We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway. We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system. We need you to be a part of our team! We are currently in need of a Robotics Software Specialist to join our team with MRI, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Robotics Software Specialist you will: - Design and develop software for complex robotic and autonomous systems. - Code practical control algorithms for motion control for defined requirements. - Code novel mission planning and control software. - Create and design software while working in a fast-paced, team-centered environment. - Perform real-time testing of control development. - Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Strong proficiency and experience within the last year with Linux, C++, and scripting languages.
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly dynamic engineering environment with a large team of engineers working to rapidly develop robotic functionality on a compressed schedule.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing software for robotic systems in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- User Interface/User Experience Design
- Real-Time Execution
- Continuous Integration
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Application of Design Patterns
- Communication and Middleware Frameworks
- Logical Operators and Bit Manipulation
- Device Drivers
- Proficiency with:
- C++ 11 - Python 3
- Experience with:
- Implementing real-time safety-critical software
- Build tools
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement