Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Engineering at Crunchbase*
We’re working to build an unparalleled innovative company data graph, and are continually improving that scalable, flexible platform and rich client application to connect the worlds companies and entrepreneurs. Our mission is to turn data into knowledge and make it accessible for everyone to explore and search.
Data Platform Team*
Our Data Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining all automated solutions to get data from various sources into our platform, as well as the frameworks and processes to export this data. As Crunchbase grows, so does the amount of data we process, the number of sources it comes from, and the insights we derive from it. At its core, Crunchbase is a data company, and data integrations is at the heart of our platform.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and build new dimensional data models and schema designs to improve accessibility, efficiency, consistency, and quality of both internal and production data
- Build, monitor, and maintain analytics and production data ETL pipelines
- Provide the foundation for a data-driven culture by empowering other engineers and the Product team to ask questions of the dataset in an easy, reliable way
- Enable data scientists to implement NLP and ML algorithms at scale, in fault-tolerant, highly available systems
What We're Looking For:
- You have 3-4+ years of industry experience
- You have a proven understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- You can code in Python
- Experience with Kubernetes Kafka, Spark, data warehousing, or Airflow a plus. If no experience, you are passionate about learning
- You may have experience building data pipelines or supporting machine learning algorithms in production
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You care about agile software, cross-team collaborations, and data-driven development and evaluation
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time