Full Time – Permanent – Wetland and/or Wildlife Ecologist – Pennsylvania 2019
Shoener Environmental, Inc. is an ecological and engineering consulting firm specializing in mostly renewable energy development with offices located in California, Colorado, Illinois, and Pennsylvania (www.shoener.com).
Job Title: Wetland & Wildlife Ecologist
Summary: Primary responsibilities will be to conduct ecological investigations, draft technical reports, and conducted wetland and waterway field delineations at mostly renewable energy (wind and solar) projects in the mid-Atlantic region with possibility to travel to other areas of the county; permitting support and drafting for renewable energy sites, conduct scientific field research and data collection and report preparation in association with wetland, and plant and wildlife (avian and bat) studies. Includes ensuring schedules are followed and deadlines are met, and drafting technical documents, for client, agency, and public review. Responsible for ensuring protocols are maintained and permit conditions are met.
This position requires an individual who enjoys working in the outdoors, is self-sufficient in adverse conditions, can work cooperatively with a variety of people and personalities, is able to communicate effectively, and is organized and can coordinate daily logistics and data collection.
Wetland delineation experience using the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual or appropriate wetland delineation training or coursework and familiarity with Army Corps of Engineers regional supplements is preferred.
Experience conducting wildlife and or plant surveys, monitoring and reporting is preferred.
Strong technical writing skills in the consulting field a plus.
Shoener Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities, disabled and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, ecology, botany, forestry, or related field
- At least 1 year of experience in ecological consulting
- Wetland delineation experience using the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual or appropriate wetland delineation training or coursework
- Familiarity with Army Corps of Engineers regional supplements
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance/permitting regulations ies, including the EPA, USACE, and state and local regulations
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude during year-round field work
- Able to interact with clients and other contractors and manage budgets and schedules
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work tasks simultaneously
- Must be proficient in use of electronics (e.g., laptops, cameras, software, rangefinders)
- Maintains flexible schedule and travels to a wide variety of client locations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Conduct wetland delineations at a wide variety of client sites
- Conduct wildlife and plant surveys and monitoring
- Completes environmental permit applications, reports and associated documentation
- Performs the analysis of collected data and preparation of environmental reports
- Assists with development and reviews proposals, budgets, client environmental plans, and activities to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance status
- Perform other environmental data collection
- Assists in all aspects of environmental/ecological investigations
- Performs quality control review and maintains quality of deliverables
- Interfaces and interacts with client and regulatory agencies as needed
- Manages office equipment/supplies, such as vehicle maintenance/scheduling; organizes and orders supplies, etc.
- Position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week
- Potential for occasional weekend or holiday work
- The office is in Dickson city, PA, however location is potentially flexible, and telecommuting may be considered only for exceptional candidates
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Mileage reimbursement or a company vehicle will be provided
- Lodging, meals, and travel expenses are provided for overnight job travel
- Shoener offers health and dental coverage and 401K match
Job Type: Full-time