Job Title: Director of Scholarship
FLSA Status: Exempt
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under minimal supervision, maintains and updates student scholarship account records, assists students and verifies financial aid packages. Prepares reports and audits records to assure continued eligibility of recipients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Acts as liaison between individuals or groups and the campus administration by serving as a consultant, facilitator, and informal mediator. Recommends steps toward problem resolution and appropriate action.
- Aggressively engages support staff, students, colleagues, parents, Enrollment Services Directors, Academic units, relevant quality assurance bodies, and all key stakeholders in the operations of Kentucky State University.
- Develops and maintain an appropriate professional leadership role, consistent with the Kentucky State University position in higher education and academe
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events
- Coordinate in conjunction with the division of Finance and External Relations scholarships application and awarding of scholarships.
- Coordinate and leverage scholarship funding to improve retention at Kentucky State University.
- Provide a neutral and confidential setting to listen and identify Tuition/Fee payment and financial problems.
- Assist students and parents who are experiencing financial hardships with establishing special payment arrangement.
- Work with the Retention staff to determine students that should be dropped for non-payment each semester.
- Maintains scholarship activity database. Packages student awards and update account records of internal and external scholarships
- Prepares routine statistical reports and correspondence.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Knowledge of the policies and eligibility requirements of a range of federal, state, and agency scholarship programs
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.