Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
MGIC is looking for an experienced leader to join our Information Services Group in the role of Technology Services Manager.
As a Technology Services Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure to partner in creating strategic direction and have a key responsibility for managing and executing forward planning for the IS Infrastructure. The role is accountable for transforming IS and the way we work, extend Agile, and transform the engineering team into an effective and efficient DevOps model. In addition, you will create key partnerships to drive our IS agenda by managing infrastructure project execution.
- Manages and develops a team of network engineers that are responsible for the design, planning and implementation of network infrastructure, Windows & Linux servers, storage, and server and desktop virtualization. Ensures staff is knowledgeable and cross-trained.
- Create associate development plans that assist with the technical and personal growth of individuals on the team.
- Develops strategic relationships with key vendors and internal business units.
- Develops and updates strategies to support the business plans and goals.
- Communicates plans and ensures that systems are consistent with corporate technology direction
- Manages to a budget and assists with forecasting of budgets.
- Troubleshoot problems, think critically and come up with a solution; perform issue analyses, create reports, and implement emergency plans.
- Create and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and excellence.
- Work collaboratively with internal resources to assess and understand technical specifications and business requirements for new systems or system enhancements.
- Provide necessary feedback to internal staff regarding system capabilities to ensure specifications and requirements can be met.
- Drive project decisions and recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, budget, and resource allocation.
- Oversee and document all system specifications, designs and descriptions to ensure shared understanding with internal stakeholders.
Do you have what it takes?
Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Science. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond completion of an Associate’s Degree.
3 or more years of progressively more responsible infrastructure project leadership. A minimum of 7 years of technical experience. Knowledge of the mortgage insurance industry is strongly preferred.
- Common business principles, management practices, including controls and auditing principles
- Strong technical background
- Application development methods
- Project planning/management
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
- Written and Verbal Communication and negotiation skills
- Organization and analytical skills
- Provide work direction
- Problem Solving
- Critical thinking
Who we are:
- Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
- Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
- On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
- Paid-time off and paid company holidays
- Business casual dress
We are a private mortgage insurer with $202.6 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages (as of July 31, 2018). MGIC provides a critical component of our country’s residential mortgage finance system, protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. Mortgage insurance from MGIC also benefits consumers by making affordable low-down-payment mortgages a reality. Bottom line…We put people into homes sooner! #WeAreMGIC
Our headquarters are located in downtown Milwaukee, a place that offers something for everyone with its big-city attractions and small-town atmosphere. MGIC is an nine-time recipient of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Work Places award. This is an award based on the opinion of our company's greatest asset, our talented and dedicated workforce! We are committed to being an active and positive member of the local Milwaukee community. Along with our co-workers, we support many local initiatives including:
- United Way
- United Performing Arts Fund
- Habitat for Humanity
- Junior Achievement
- Public Television Channel 10/36 Auction
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.