- SCDDSN will be extending the posting period for Systems Programmer / Developer I. Previous applications are still under consideration*
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Information Technology Development, this position participants in the analysis, design, coding, implementation, support, and maintenance of DDSN Applications Systems.
Job Functions for this position include:
1. Code, test, debug and document application programs.
2. Plan and perform in-depth system and analysis and design. Present recommendations to IT senior staff, IT Managment, and customers.
3. Provide technical customer support for existing application systems or data.
4. Participate in developing requirements for new systems or for modifying existing systems.
5. Participant in design and support of database management systems.
6. Make recommendations to management and co-workers concerning enhancements to application systems and/or IT business processes in order to improve efficiency within the department.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A High School Diploma and experience in computer systems development, modification, and maintenance. An Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Science may be substituted for the required work experience.
Must have an understanding of systems analysis and development and the ability to follow technical concepts and requests; must demonstrate logical problem solving skills; must have knowledge of JAVA programming language and object oriented systems development concepts and techniques.