The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Research Scientist position is to apply technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise and carry out research projects. Responsible for performing technical laboratory duties in accordance with general and/or specific plans.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Analyzes and evaluates research data, and revises techniques or approaches to resolve problems.
- Develops and improves upon new research methods, recommends solutions to problems with experimental techniques.
- Searches and studies the literature to introduce new ideas and methods in research on pediatric oncology.
- Plans, designs and initiates research projects and protocols directed by the Principal Investigator, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained.
- Performs research experiments and collects data from experiments based on specific goals and research aims.
Publications and Documentation
- Complies, writes and submits reports to the Principal Investigator.
- Authors abstracts and papers, prepares manuscripts for publication, and presents data in scientific meetings.
Assists Principal Investigator with grant application through scientific writing and data/figure generation.
Mentorship and Training
- Trains students, postdoctoral and clinical fellows and other lab personnel to perform experimental techniques. These may include a wide range of techniques in molecular and cellular biology, light microscopy, imaging, and lab software.
- Communicates and collaborates with staff, faculty and investigators on research projects inside and outside of MDACC.
PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree
With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
US Dollar (USD) 53,200
US Dollar (USD) 66,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 79,800