Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
up to $4,250 /month
$3,897 /month - $6,846 /month
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to and receiving work lead direction from the Facilities and Events Director, the Facilities and Events Coordinator will work independently in this position to plan, coordinate, and carry out all aspects of athletic events and special events. In addition, this position will schedule facilities and provide support for facility related projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth operation of all special events and athletic contests from planning through successful execution.
- Under direction of the Facilities & Events Specialist, initiate and implement a broad range of athletic special events, facility usage and athletic contests.
- Manage, supervise and execute events around athletic games and events - both pre-game and post-game.
- Plan and coordinate event logistics. This includes, but is not limited to credentials, passes, programs and vendor agreements.
- Design and coordinate all event-related correspondence, reports and presentation materials. This includes but is not limited to, planning documents, vendor communications, evaluations, and post-event analysis reports.
- Manage assigned facility rentals, create and submit University lease agreements. Invoice and follow-up with lessees.
- Develop and manage event budgets and monitor event related expenses.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on current and future events and provide oversight to assigned events.
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Two years relevant work experience in NCAA D-1 Athletics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling; ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business math and basic statistical techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in event planning and execution; ability to multi task, work under pressure, and plan and coordinate various events simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, NCAA and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle average-weight objects up to 50 pounds including barriers, tables, chairs, pop-up tents, sandbags, cases of water, etc.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment, handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects, and work under strict timelines.
- Working knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to relate to employers, campus community, staff and students, interface with vendors, interact with multi-levels of professionals, work effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
September 25, 2018
Application Screening begins October 10, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of Interest-PDF
List of References-PDF
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes:
criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046