This Audio Visual Design Engineer for Raleigh, NC will be the sole point of responsibility for translating Audio Visual systems into a viable design to deliver a functioning system to our clients.
What part will you play?
You will need to deliver a descriptive scope for its operation to the Sales and Programming team, and become the technical authority to support the CAD, Integration, and Install teams as they bring your design to life.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Design Engineer include the following:
The design engineer will be able to help in this area by:
- Interface & maintain ongoing dialogue for projects with Clients, Sales, CAD, and Tech Ops team members
- Provide documentation for quotes & bid packages detailing equipment, cost, labor estimates, pre-installation requirements, and site survey results
- Develop detailed BOM, detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, GC and electrical contractor use, and create final engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology that can fit our client’s budget without sacrificing quality or reliability
- Project lifecycle is important and learning the standards our clients are comfortable with is just as important as selling new technology and solutions where they fit. The position bears the responsibility to develop long lasting client partnerships & work with team members to maintain the account on all levels
- Assist in the preparation of consultant specified bids and submittals
- Assist and perform client site visits for initial surveys, ongoing technical assessment, and support for tech ops during integration, install, & commissioning
- Assist programmer with technical direction when developing user interfaces & control programs.
- Create, and manage change orders to assist with maintain or increasing profitability on projects
- Assist with technical oversight, red lines, and design questions during integration & commissioning of systems
- Capture field mark ups and assist with generating As-Build drawings sets for the final design package
- Provide ancillary services, as warranted, when the Field Engineering team is unavailable in the areas of; programming, DSP setup, installation assistance, commissioning, and supporting service technicians
What do we require from you?
- A degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferable
- General CTS preferred
- Able to study towards and obtain CTS-D within 1 year of taking position
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD
- MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access proficiently without training
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- 2016 Integrator of the Year
- Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.