Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) and a Clinical Laboratory Specialists (CG) who supervises and oversees all technologists within the Special Chemistry Department, maintaining acceptable TAT. The person in this position must have the advanced skills necessary to perform all the duties of a Medical Technologist III Lead.
- Support PathGroup’s mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with the Human Resources, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Supervise/manage employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Performs all duties of a Medical Lab Technologist III Lead.
- Manages the ordering and inventory of supplies for the Chemistry departments.
- Responsible for validating and correlations on new equipment and new procedures that pertain to the departments.
- Responsible for the performance calibration verification for all departmental equipment.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance including training of staff when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
- Coordinate the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the compliance guidelines for the laboratory industry.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor of Science degree. Registered by the ASCP.
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as Clinical Laboratory Specialist.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
- Over one year supervisory experience is preferred.
- Over six years of prior Laboratory experience including over three years at a Medical Technologist III.
- Must have proven track record in establishing and maintaining positive and productive physician, employee and client relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory/leadership: 1 year (Required)
- medical technologist: 5 years (Required)
- TN Laboratory Supervisor's License (Preferred)