*** Up to $2000 Sign-On Bonus! ***
The KRS team is looking for dynamic individuals that are highly self-motivated to join our mobile bridge construction crews and enjoy a rewarding career while traveling the United States.
Koppers Railroad Structures, Inc. has been at the forefront of railroad bridge rehabilitation in the United States and Canada since the mid-1950s. We are one of the nation's largest railroad bridge contracting and engineering companies, serving Class 1, regional and short line railroads. KRS has a strong safety culture and is a trusted partner with the railroad industry. We have been building careers for over 60 years and offer competitive wages with a rich benefits package and rapid advancement opportunities.
With a willingness to travel 6 weeks at a time, a base knowledge of construction tasks and physical labor experience, the Bridge Construction Technician will be trained to assist their Foreman with tasks associated with the repair and construction of railroad bridges. If you have experience working in Warehouse, Packaging, Tower Climbing, Lineman work, Farming, Ranching, General Labor, Roofing, or Outdoor Construction we want to talk to you.
This position involves continuous travel from job to job throughout the United States with a rotating flex schedule so employees receive regular time off.
WE OFFER ON-THE-JOB TRAINING.
The average starting wage for this role will be between $21.00 - $25.00 per hour ($62,000+ and $80,000+ per year), commensurate with experience. Our weekly lodging allowance/Per Diem is $550-$660 and will be paid according to policy guidelines.
- Remove steel rivets with pneumatic tool
- Tighten structural steel bolts with impact wrench
- Remove existing structural steel with oxygen and acetylene torch
- Drill holes in existing or new structural steel with magnetic drill
- Drill holes in existing or new timber with 1/2" Electric or Hydraulic Drill
- Hang Scaffolding
- Work at heights while utilizing lineman equipment
- Ascend and descend slopes with rough terrain
- Drive spikes and drive pins with maul
- Dig using hand shovel
- Operate 1/2' drill and generator, impact wrench, pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools and chain saw
- Use lineman gear, D-handle spade (shovel), sharp shooter (shovel), crow bar, and pry bar.
KRS offers an outstanding benefits package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible scheduling for regular time off
- Travel Assistance Program, to encourage work/life balance through personal travel accounts (qualification period required)
- Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Dependent)
- Paid Short Term Disability Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Company provided PPE, equipment, tooling, and transportation
- Travel throughout US (6 weeks on-with weekends, followed by 1 week off)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver's License with a favorable driving record (CDL is preferred and commands a premium rate)
- Previous experience with heavy physical labor
- Exposure to heights.
- This position involves heavy lifting of up to 70 pounds; long hours of standing, walking, kneeling, reaching, etc. Jobsites can be noisy with sounds of machinery and moving trains so raised voices may need to be used to hear. Ability to read and write are required as the position involves completion of information and forms.
- This position involves routine exposure to outside weather conditions and involves working around moving mechanical parts with vibration. Work is performed at heights of up to 300'.
- Occasional work around fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals as well as sources of electricity
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: On the road