Vice President of Business Development
Summary: The Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for driving growth and profitability through the execution and implementation of the organizations long-term and short-term plans. The Vice President of Business Development must be able to generate new business while developing a new team of highly motivated sales directors throughout the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance existing sales and business plan to increase growth for domestic and international freight forwarding segments.
- Intrinsically have & cultivate team mentality with staff to develop strategic and tactical cohesion.
- Augment business development processes and metrics for performance.
- Develop a total company sales opportunity funnel to be used for financial forecasting; present to executive team monthly
- Accountable for financial and growth expectations of the business development plans; adhere to minimum gross margin requirements.
- Accountable for annual Business Development budget; develop and manage the budget and present actual results to the executive team (in conjunction with the CFO).
- Actively implement horizontal integration to benefit and retain new customers.
- Engage and develop planning activities for both short term and long-term goals of the business.
- Accountable for self-generated new business.
- Have customer obsession while insisting on highest standards from yourself and your team.
- Build a world-class team, develop high-level service offering, motivate, and lead business development team while optimizing costs, increasing revenues, and maximizing profitability.
- Responsible for the overall leadership of sales organization.
- As Vice President you will be responsible to work closely with executive leadership to ensure the direction and strategy of the sales department is aligned with overall strategy of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance, Business Management, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience working in forwarding industry or related experience.
- Industry vertical expertise, Medical, Research, Aerospace, & Life Sciences a plus.
- History of leading a successful sales team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of competitive landscape relating to sales objectives & specific opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate and prove sales team development success in previous positions.
- Proven process improvement skills, preferred Six Sigma, Kaizen or similar.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to think strategically, act and make decisions proactively, and prioritize work flows across a team environment.
- Expectation to travel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- working in forwarding industry or related: 7 years
Required work authorization: