Nestlé Coffee Partners is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon Cold-Brew, and Blue Bottle, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we’re fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we’ll brew remarkable things.
Have you aspired to work in a dynamic category on a globally compelling consumer brand that delivers growth? Are you passionate about understanding consumers and looking for creative and impactful ways to engage with them? Are you excited by growing trends in health and wellness and helping consumers live better? Do you love crafting marketing and business strategies that drive market share and long term growth? If so, being the Brand Manager I, Starbucks At Home Coffee Go-To-Market Innovation at Nestle Coffee Partners might be perfect for you!
As a Brand Manager I, you will contribute to Nestle USA’s success by leading the development of brand management, marketing and innovation activities for the Starbucks brand. You will lead agency teams to develop national marketing programs for Starbucks branded coffee products. You will leverage measurement and analytics to optimize marketing programs and creative execution. You will integrate consumer communications strategies for the Starbucks brand across all products, channels, consumer touchpoints, and segments. You will develop strategic assessments for brands / categories and run the business against operating plans and budgets to achieve financial and business goals. You will also model and act in accordance with Nestlé guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Marketing & Promotions:
- Develop and run product line business plans.
- Track, analyze and communicate product and program performance vs. expectations. Provide meaningful insight and recommend action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan in collaboration with the cross-functional team.
- Create and present the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets.
- Make recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging and product lifecycle.
- Develop strategic assessments, including SWOT analyses, for products and programs.
- Initiate or suggest analysis (financial, consumption or consumer) to influence strategic plans.
- Apply consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of the consumer, customer, competitive environment and the channel needs for the product or category.
- Lead cross-functional and/or cross-channel teams to develop integrated launch programs or marketing promotions.
- Build positive relationships within a matrix structure to ensure marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guardrails.
- Collaborate with agency teams to execute marketing creative from brief development through concept evaluation to delivery of the final execution.
- Develop media and consumer promotion plans with agency teams. Builds marketing strategies, identifies success criteria, and briefs agencies. Reviews tactical plans against marketing mix analytics and ongoing measurement.
- Coach and mentor teams to enhance marketing and brand knowledge.
- Integrate marketing communications strategy across all brand touchpoints, working across the brand team to integrate targeting, messaging, tactical plans, and budgets.
- Lead regular updates on marketing initiative performance versus expectations and recommend optimization
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve the consumer relevance or financial delivery of existing products through optimization of cost, product performance, packaging, or price-pack architecture
- Lead the creation and development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
- Lead project teams and timelines to deliver our products and programs. Lead cross-functional partners across commercial and technical teams to ensure successful launch.
- Define product strategies reflecting competitive and consumer trends, and market needs.
- Lead new and optimized strategic initiatives that deliver against the brand positioning and strategic assessment of platforms within competitive context.
Bachelors Degree Required
3 years of experience in product/brand management AND project leadership in a cross functional environment.
1 year of experience leading multiple budgets
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data.
- Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting assortment planning and inventory management.
- Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
- Experience working in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong standout colleague.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.