Function as the first point of contact for all patients utilizing our facilities for health care. Manage the timely and accurate collection of patient information, and function as a resource to all patients/clients. This position reports to the Director of Dental Administration.
- Manage/assist with all patient registration and administrative processes as assigned. Ensure all relevant patient registration records collected are accurate, current, and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all clients/patients served experience a high level of customer satisfaction and care.
- Provide support for additional administrative and support activities within the registration/business office, maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and consistency with all tasks assigned.
- Ensure that all records collected, processed, entered and filed/scanned are done so in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ensure and uphold the confidentially requirements of all patient records, and manage all daily tasks and activities consistent with HIPAA, state and federal laws and regulations, and the clinical policies and regulations regarding confidentiality and security.
- Develop and ensure effective, positive relationships within and among the clinical staff, patients, vendors, contractors, and related resources.
Stewardship and Professionalism
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance with and attention to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as the mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Performs various clerical duties in department.
- Accurately enters information ensuring financial processing.
- Answers patient inquiries about their account information, insurance filing, co-pays, etc. or directs callers to appropriate department. Collects patient co-pays.
- Schedules visits, tests and procedures as directed. Prepares requisitions for testing. Obtains pre-certification authorization.
- Utilizes computers, adding machines, fax machines, phones and other related office equipment in the fulfillment of assigned duties.
- Communicates verbally and/or by writing with staff members, patients and their families.
- Ensures all paperwork required for the registration process is prepared accurately and timely.
- Maintains accurate, thorough filing/scanning of all paperwork. Prepares and maintains medical records as well as all intake/ patient information.
- Participates in meetings and training as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Function in a busy environment while prioritizing, multitasking, and maintaining accuracy.
- Communicate with a diverse patient/customer population. Will be required to successfully manage patients and families in stressful situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Utilize a wide variety of office technology and tools to collect, enter, process data.
This position requires compliance with Chesapeake Health Care. Requirements of Conduct/Work Rules, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Failure to comply, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements of our written standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with our compliance program policy and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to speak read, write and understand English.
- Demonstrated “skilled” business office experience.
- Demonstrated success in communication, customer service or working with the general public, preferably in a medical care facility.
- Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer situations.
- Demonstrated success in general computer competence including basic Word and potential to be trained on specific software for patient information, billing and communication.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to interact with computer screen for up to six hours at a time (visual acuity required).
- Must have manual dexterity for use of keyboard. Ability to remain stationary for periods of up to four hours. Ability to communicate via phone, mail and in person to resolve disputes, solve problems, etc.
- Capacity to prioritize and multitask.
Job Type: Full-time
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)