Accurately and efficiently prep (Mise en Place) meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other cold food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate/buffet pans preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates/pans.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at buffet stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Exhibit a basic knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques.
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Maintain a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Preferred: Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift