- Attends and participates in scheduled in-service training, educational classes and meetings to maintain current certification and as managed by regulatory agencies and company policies/procedures.
- Follows nurse procedures and policies to ensure that services rendered meet OCEC Foundation quality standards, and mentors staff through the critical thinking process.
- Updates and maintains medical records.
- Performs diagnostic tests as directed and/or needed.
- Establishes and maintains an open line of communication with all Therapists and Medical Providers
- Documents client records, labs, medical records ,within Agency designated standards.
- Meets and sustains the OCEC Foundation designated productivity standard.
- Provides ongoing education for Behavioral Health and SUD diagnoses and medicines for employees, as needed.
- Carries out orders as received from Medical Providers.
- Monitors client vitals and reports to Medical Providers.
- Completes prior authorizations for medication and return phone calls to clients/families prior to end of shift.
- Coordinates the medical portion of client care while receiving services at OCEC Foundation
- Completes nursing assessments for clients.
- Assists with referrals for clients to see health care professionals.
- Rotates shift or site as need based on staffing needs.
- Provides ongoing education on mental health diagnosis and medications.
- Returns calls for other psychiatry locations as needed.
- Attends all required staff meetings, Agency trainings, and supervision meetings.
- Meets and sustains the Agency’s designated productivity standards.
- Attends cottage team meetings when possible.
- Completes daily rounds to cottages.
- Updates and maintain medication cupboards and notebooks.
- Orders, prepares, and administers medication to clients.
- Stocks first-aid supplies as needed.
- Makes appointments for clients to see health care professionals.
- Prepares client medical reports on a quarterly basis.
- Meet with provider(s), therapist(s), cottage manager(s), and client(s) as needed.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events or department specific projects or seasonal program changes.
- Exhibits positivity, flexibility and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Demonstrates positive leadership, promote a team-based work environment and present the agency in the most positive light with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other position related technologies
- Must be able to verbally exchange information in a confidential manner with employees, clients, students, participants, and/or families in various settings
- Must be available for crisis management by phone as needed
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
- Must be able to clearly and confidentially communicate with OCEC Foundation employees, clients, students, participants, and other stakeholders
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Must be able to access work locations and, as necessary, homes which may include ascending/descending stairs
- Must be able to stoop, stand, walk, bend, and stay upright to perform work
- Must be able to visually read written and digital information
- Must be able to visually determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and/or to make general observations of facilities or structures
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Must be able to hear clients, students, or participants, co-workers, and supervisors at normal speaking levels
- Must be able to dictate with clients, students, participants, co-workers, and supervisors using all means of communication including but not limited to, in-person, phone, and computer
- Must be able to run and/or chase as needed
- Must be able to type case files and other paperwork
- Must be able to frequently drive to varying work environments including agency office, school based, community based including client homes in various communities
- Must be able to lift children and infants of varying weights
- When necessary, must be able to restrain clients of various heights with weights varying up to 300 pounds
- Must adhere to all OCEC Principals
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Valid State of Ohio Nursing License required.
- Demonstrated experience in the Behavioral Health lifespan, preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of insurance required.
- Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test, and drug screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- registered nurse: 2 years (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- BLS, ACLS (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Nurse Patient Ratio:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)