Posting Number S00290
Site Location Swainsboro
Full or Part Time Full Time
Number of Months
Monday-Friday 8 AM-5PM
Regular or Temporary Employment Regular
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position Title Alumni and Development Coordinator
Position Number EA07
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for coordinating and integrating varied development and alumni functions into the overall advancement function of the college.
- Coordination of the annual fund drive.
- Coordination of the faculty/staff fund drive.
- Coordination of alumni activities and programs.
- Work with webmaster on website maintenance for development functions.
- Maintains professional and cooperative relationship with media, community and college customers.
- Keeps VP informed of any problems or concerns.
- Assists VP with all development related functions including administrative services.
- Basic photography duties for events as part of the advancement team.
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge Required by the Position
- Knowledge of development and advancement procedures and processes.
- Skill in development of appeal letters, press releases and newsletters.
- Knowledge of digital cameras, photographic composition and exposure.
- Experience with grants management a plus.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
The VP of Institutional Advancement assigns work in terms of general instructions and spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include University System of Georgia policies and procedures and East Georgia State College policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
- The work consists of varied external relations duties.
- The variety of task to be performed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- Contacts are typically with donors, potential donors, co-workers, other college personnel, alumni, students, business leaders, community leaders, new media and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems or to motivate or influence persons.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching.
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office, but does require personal visits and calling on donors and other stakeholders.
- There will also be training that will require overnight travel.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for a minimum of one-year experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Proven track record of initiating and completing projects.
Understanding of the strategic planning process for small and large projects.
Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Until Filled Yes
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), physical and drug screening.