As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaborative.
The Program Analytics team, within the Data and Analytics Organization (DAO) conducts analyses used to provide actionable information on Population Health Management (PHM) initiatives to the Partners network and to senior leadership. The team has access to an extraordinary range of healthcare data including medical and pharmacy claims, enrollment, EMR, scheduling, referral and laboratory results. Using this data, the team supports reporting and analyses in areas such as ambulatory quality measurement, trend management, utilization, high risk patient management and outcomes. PHM is an innovative model of care delivery that aims to improve the health of patients while lowering the overall costs of care. PHM includes best practices and tactics to enhance the patient experience, improve outcomes, and provide better organized and more personalized care to our patients.
The DAO is seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst to support analytics related to the clinical and financial performance of PHM programs as well as other network activities. The Analyst will be expected to develop an understanding of Partners data structures as well as the ability to translate specifications into SAS programming logic. The analyst will be expected to work on new and existing projects, function independently within a fast-paced environment, work on several different projects/tasks concurrently and serve as a data advisor to business owners as new projects or ad hoc reports are collaboratively being developed. Effectively communicating issues and results is critical to being successful in this position.
The Analyst will report to the Manager of Program Analytics of the DAO Enterprise Analytics Group.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with ongoing efforts to track, evaluate, and report on the impact of programs using multiple data sources that include claims and non-claims (clinical) based data.
- Providing in-depth analyses and insight related to drivers of TME trend as it relates to the PHM Programs
- Developing metrics that measure programmatic success.
- Producing timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders within Partners.
- Improving visualization of reports using existing tools.
- Retrieving, organizing, and manipulating data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and other databases. This will require advanced programming to prepare data for reporting and analysis.
- Presenting analytical findings in a variety of formats (reports, PowerPoint, graphs, figures, tables) formulating recommendations, and effectively presenting results to non-analytic audiences.
- Working with a variety of tools (ex: SAS, SQL, Excel, Qlikview, etc) to access data, write queries, developing programming logic, running reports, manipulate, and analyzing large datasets to meet the needs of the Partners stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with PHM medical directors, program managers, and project specialists in designated content area.
- BS/BA or equivalent required and advanced education/training in data programming and/or statistics
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in detailed analytics and reporting, preferably in healthcare.
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics preferred.
- Experience with healthcare claims data and payment policies required
- Proficiency with programming languages and statistical software (SQL and SAS) is required
- Must be an experienced programmer able to write complex codes and generate queries/reports with limited guidance
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Experience with data analysis and reporting, and working knowledge of data visualization software is preferred
- Strong understanding of data structure/integration and relational database design
- A basic understanding of quality measurement and quality improvement methods is favorable
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and collaborate with team members and others throughout the organization.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative.
- Confident working independently.
- Able to quickly adapt and learn in an ever-changing technical, contractual, and regulatory environment.
Position located in Somerville, with some local travel
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
: MA-Somerville-Assembly Row - PHS
Assembly Row - PHS
399 Revolution Drive
: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Recruiting Department :
PHS Data Analytics Office
: May 10, 2018