Boys and Girls U15-U19 Head Coach
Potomac Soccer Association (PSA) is currently looking for experienced head coaches to lead our U15-U19 teams for the spring 2023 season and beyond. PSA is one of the top youth travel soccer programs in the Washington D.C.-Metro area, competing at the highest level in the top leagues and tournaments in the country. Teams in PSA’s U15-U19 program compete in U.S. Youth Soccer’s National League as well as the Potomac Memorial Day Tournament, Discovery Cup, Jefferson Cup, and Capelli Showcase.
Head Coaches are responsible for their entire team’s player safety, player development and team organization in accordance with Potomac Soccer Association "PSA" established standards and curriculum for training established by the Technical Director. Coaching at PSA is a great opportunity for coaches that are looking to work with players that are passionate about the game while also continuing to develop and grow within the coaching profession.
- Act as a role model for the players and keep their safety in the forefront of your mind.
- Implement the club’s coaching curriculum in training so that all players on the team are being taught by the Head Coach.
- Work with the other coaches in the age group to ensure appropriate development of players and staff within that age group in accordance to club standards and curriculum.
- Work with coaches in the age group to support them in fulfilling their coaching obligations related to team training, administration and communications, tryouts and tournaments.
- Communicate within the age group staff to discuss their objectives regarding training and communicate schedules.
- Facilitate communications applicable to the age group between players/parents/coaches/leagues and the club.
- Assist with the club’s player identification system and college assistance programs.
- Communicate with the technical staff to keep apprised to the developments and concerns across age groups.
- Attend games as scheduled by the league(s) and tournaments as scheduled.
- Mandatory participation in club-wide tryout process
- Minimum three weekly training sessions
- Presence at all team league & tournament games
- Minimum one team/family meeting to discuss seasonal plans, college recruiting opportunities, expectations, goals and hold individual player/parent conferences as outlined by PSA technical staff.
- Hold a seasonal parent/player conference where constructive feedback and examples of positive player development are given to the player’s family.
- Supervise the team’s administrative needs including selection of volunteers to fill team/age group roles; maintain active communications with the players, their families, and select tournaments in accordance with PSA standards and in communion with technical staff for the age group.
- Complete player evaluations as directed by the technical staff
- Support the Potomac Memorial Tournament and/or Discovery Cup and recruit teams to participate.
- Support applicable PSA policies and processes.
- Stay current on developments in youth soccer through reading and participation in continuing professional education.
- Participate as needed in PSA and youth soccer activities including meetings, seminars, outreach programs, conventions, conferences, etc.
- Other duties may be periodically assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- USSF National ‘C’; license or equivalent, preferably higher. At the discretion of PSA Director of Coaching, a combination of education and playing/coaching experience may be substituted for specific licensing and/or experience requirements as long as the coach is working to obtain licensure. Likewise, licensing requirements may be waived for a time period of 1 year if a coach is working to obtain licensure.
- Over 5 years of coaching experience is preferred.
- The ability to manage, develop, and motivate youth soccer players.
- Sound interpersonal communications skills necessary for interaction with the players and their families.
- Must be able to attend all club coaching education meetings.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as complete US Youth Soccer Safe Sport Training
- Please include with your application a copy of your cover letter and your resume with detailed information on your coaching and playing experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 - $60.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: On the road