Cary Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in our Oncology department. The CNA is responsible for providing nursing assistance care for infusion suite patients in a safe, efficient, and compassionate manner. The CNA will provide routine direct patient care within specific unit policies and procedures, report pertinent information to the RN and respond to patient care needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Administers care according to established standards and hospital policy.
2. Demonstrates a systematic and prioritized approach to care and treatment.
3. Takes responsibility for assuring that safe patient care is maintained including following established protocols and use of tools provided by the organization to ensure patient safety.
4. Knowledge and use of aseptic techniques and infection control principles.
5. Assists Nurse and Nurse Manager in problem-solving patient needs.
1. Maintains current Nursing Assistant Certification for the State of Maine
2. Maintain current BLS certification
3. Meet the Center’s annual competency training requirements within scope of practice.
With consideration to our patients’ and staff needs, you may need to work on days, evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays and may need to float to other units.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical exemption is approved).
To see full job description or to get further information call Jamie at 207-498-1270 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include Health, Dental Vison, retirement and paid time off. To see a full benefits package click here: Benefit Information