- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Perl
Do you want to be a part of building the systems and software that power Earth's largest e-commerce catalog? How do you design and handle massive scale of data when you know that none of the "textbook solutions" will work? Our organization develops the algorithms, systems, and tools to ensure safety of the selection and maximize their impact on the Amazon top-line - all the while continuously growing the selection. The Selection & Curation Systems team is responsible for designing and developing the tools, systems, and services that help ensure that Amazon has a profitable and rapidly expanding assortment for our customers.
We're looking for a software engineers who have strong technical design skills and are able to drive technical design of broad efforts that have high impact and visibility. This role has a number of opportunities for cross-boundary ownership and require cross-organizational technical leadership skills to create seamless technical designs and solutions that reliably work end-to-end. This role will serve as a great springboard for your career.
This is a dream opportunity for engineers who want to create reliable and scalable solutions that enable Amazon to create the largest and best possible selection for our customers. Come and help make history as we take e-Commerce to the 5 billion people on earth who do not have it today while having fun and learning a lot on the way!
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Perl/Ruby.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Google Django, relational database or Cloud storage services
- Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, DOJO etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation