SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for assisting providers with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks such scheduling patient referrals. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from clinic services. Conveys a positive image of clinic.
- Reports to Nurse Manager, however also takes directions from professional and medical staff to include the Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacy Director, or Physicians Assistants.
- Can fulfill the clinic’s mission to spread the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need while performing their job functions.
- Manages patient referral list, priority need, assists in receiving, logging and collecting referral information, and tracking.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules, collecting patient history, and scheduling patient visits with providers, performing screenings per provider or partner guidelines, relaying instructions to patients / families, answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending / receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab / x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc., completing forms / requisitions as needed, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance status and patient demographics, managing charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately in conjunction with managing the referrals.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting / promoting patient rights, sharing problems relating to patients and / or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and tracking statistics for all medical referrals.
- Assisting medical department and back office as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: Minimum Certified Medical Assistance, Nursing Training Preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years work experience in a primary health care setting;
REQUIREMENTS: Maintains CPR certification. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Bilingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical specialty.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical specialty.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of record procedures and protocols.
- Skill in performing assistance tasks appropriately.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding of patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others in a way that supports the Center’s mission to share the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Health Care: 2 years (Preferred)