Talis Group is a recruiting company assisting our client in hiring a talented Staff Accountant. Never worked with a recruiting company? You're in good hands. By working with us, we can help you get noticed. We have the inside scoop and the contacts to get you in front of employers currently hiring.
Are you a talented Accountant looking for a super team environment? Talis Group’s Jeffersonville, IN (minutes from Louisville) client is a premier commercial land developer seeking a Staff Accountant to join their friendly team. Position reports to the Controller and works collaboratively with the team to provide accounting and bookkeeping support. Competitive salary ($55k - $65k). Company offers excellent benefits and a fantastic team environment—you’ll love working with this close-knit group!
- Responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger entries and bank account reconciliation
- Assist with financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Preparation of weekly reports
- Collaboration with management
- Assist with monthly close
- Assist with annual audit by independent auditors
- Monthly sales tax and fuel tax reporting
- Assist Controller with special projects and research as needed
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar preferred
- 2+ years of progressive daily accounting experience (including bookkeeping)
- Experience with Sage accounting software
- Construction industry and basic job costing experience a plus
- Strong background of financial reporting and understanding of GAAP
- Must have exceptional time management, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous accounting experience at a mid-sized company preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered based upon their skills, performance and potential, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.