This is an exciting time to join Corbus Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage biotechnology pharmaceutical company with a vision to be the leader in treating inflammatory and fibrotic diseases by targeting the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Corbus’ lead asset is a novel late-stage development candidate being studied for the treatment of several rare diseases.
As a key member of our field-based medical team, the Medical Science Liaison provides peer-level scientific exchange with clinicians and researchers in preparation for potential product launches and ongoing ECS pipeline development. He/she will have the exciting opportunity to be part of the company’s first high performance field medical team in the US. This position is field based, and the MSLs is expected to represent US Medical Affairs within their region.
Reporting to the Director, US Field Medical, within Medical Affairs, this role will implement the regional execution of the US medical field plan for the potential first indication for lenabasum, in Systemic Sclerosis (‘SSc’).
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of innovative science, defining and executing innovative and patient-centric solutions.
For this Northeast territory, we are open to candidates ideally based in or nearby New York City.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Execute strategical and tactical medical field activities aligned to critical success factors of the U.S. Medical Affairs plan as directed.
- Develop peer-level relationships with medical and scientific experts including Healthcare Professionals and Managed Market Customers consistent with Medical Affairs objectives.
- Respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of Corbus products; Deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates Corbus products; Provide clinical support and deliver data presentations regionally and nationally.
- Record key performance indicators (KPIs) for the MSL team using tools such as the CRM as directed.
- Provide input into the creation of regional/local KOL lists for assigned geography.
- Participate actively and execute in Medical Affairs activities such as: scientific congress/conferences, medical regional ad boards, medical info activities, publications, HEOR/payer needs.
- Collaborate and share field insights with other key internal functions (brand team, clinical, clinical operations, and regulatory/compliance)
- Work with commercial and managed market counterparts in a compliant manner to ensure appropriate triaging and professional information fulfillment of unsolicited scientific requests from HCPs
- In conjunction with clinical operation teams, provide medical support and insights to clinical trial activities, such as site recommendation and selection and HCP patient enrollment referrals
- Support the appropriate triaging of requests for Early Access Programs (EAP)
- Support medical affairs evidence generation efforts, such as investigator initiated or collaborative research, post-marketing, Phase 4 and registry studies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced Clinical/Science degree or professional credentials required (MD/DO, PhD, PharmD)
- 2 years experience working as a MSL
- Rare disease /Rheumatology/Immunology experience highly desired
- Experience with Managed Markets Payer presentations and value proposition discussions highly desired
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Manage and adhere to Corbus policies, ensuring compliance with industry rules and government regulations
- Strong analytical skills, such as understanding and interpreting scientific and clinical research and literature are essential
- Results oriented, with high standards for individual and team execution and achievement
- Entrepreneurial mindset, motivated by start-up environment with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Meet challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic, effective stakeholder and relationship management
- Field based position with extensive travel including to the home office (up to 80%)- [Travel requirements will be adjusted according to company policy during COVID-19
Corbus is a close-knit team of more than 160 employees who are high-achievers, innovative, creative and, above all else, passionate about what we do. We hire for personality as well as for skill.
You must thrive in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment where you will succeed based on your contribution and work ethic—not on your title or rank. At Corbus, we take pride in our “family” atmosphere where each person’s contribution is vital to our success. As a Corbus employee, you are empowered to think creatively and be proactive in your approach. There is no place for politics or red tape here.
Positive, team-oriented people work at Corbus and are rewarded with fun perks. Due to the pandemic, Corbus is working remotely and telecommuting until further notice, so perks include virtual fitness classes and organized virtual activities. We have also set up an online store stocked with company-paid equipment that will be shipped to your home, so you can work efficiently and effectively while remote. Plus, staff receive a monthly stipend to enhance your work from home experience. Additionally, Corbus offers an attractive, comprehensive benefits package.
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. is a Phase 3 clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat inflammatory and fibrotic diseases by leveraging its pipeline of rationally designed, endocannabinoid system-targeting drug candidates. The Company’s lead product candidate, lenabasum, is a novel, oral, selective cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2) agonist rationally designed to resolve chronic inflammation and fibrotic processes. Lenabasum is currently being evaluated in systemic sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, dermatomyositis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Corbus is also developing a pipeline of drug candidates targeting the endocannabinoid system. The pipeline includes CRB-4001, a 2nd generation, selective cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) inverse agonist designed to be peripherally restricted. Potential indications for CRB-4001 include nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), among others. Corbus expects data from its Phase 1 safety study in 2020.
Lenabasum is not approved for the treatment of systemic sclerosis, dermatomyositis, cystic fibrosis or systemic lupus erythematosus. CRB-4001 is not approved for the treatment of NASH/NAFLD. For more information on Corbus’ clinical programs, please visit here.
Please visit www.CorbusPharma.com and connect with the Company on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.