Quality Management Director: Responsible for planning and implementing the performance improvement program to meet the needs of the hospital. Provides education to medical staff, hospital staff and Governing Body. Facilitates performance improvement activities and CQI activities throughout the hospital. Acts as a resource person to administrative team, department managers and medical staff. Assists department managers with preparation for medical staff committees. Oversight responsibility for all regulatory body surveys, i.e., the accrediting organization, State Licensing Review, CMS Validation surveys. Maintains oversight responsibility for all performance improvement activities conducted throughout the institution.
- Risk Manager: Responsible for clinical identification, risk evaluation and coordination of corrective action implementation related to risk issues. Provides intervention and education related to risk management issues to promote safe work practices and quality care and services in an environment that is beneficial to the safety, health and well-being of all patients, visitors and hospital staff. Coordinates risk programs with all hospital departments, administration and the legal counsel. Reports real and potential risk situations to the Governing Body, medical staff, administration, hospital departments and committees, as appropriate. Responsible for establishing and monitoring methods to avoid, eliminate and/or reduce risk situations associated with the provision of patient care and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Health Care Administration. Master’s degree preferred in Healthcare Administration or Nursing Education.
- Current State Registered Nurse licensure or CPHQ certification preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Quality Management, with a preferred minimum of one (1) year experience in a behavioral healthcare setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 5 years