Job Title: Tourism & Hospitality Relations Intern
Reports to: Business Development & Events Manager
Visit Bucks County (VBC) promotes travel to and within Bucks County, Pennsylvania. As the County’s officially-designated tourism marketing agency, VBC drives visitation, increases overnight stays and fuels the local economy by promoting all there is to see and do in Bucks County. VBC supports local businesses in the tourism and hospitality industry, including lodging, attractions, restaurants, retail, events and more. Annually, more than 8 million people visit Bucks County generating a billion dollars in economic impact.
- Supports the planning and execution of various VBC consumer and industry event programming, including networking, seminars and Visitor Center events.
- Assists with prepping marketing materials for all VBC committee meetings and industry tradeshows/conferences.
- Promotes events and programs though telemarketing.
- Compiles research and survey results to assist with the future development of Industry Relations events and partners.
- Works with the Industry Relations department to maintain information in Visit Bucks County’s customer relationship database and lead management system via email and phone outreach.
- Assists business-to-business initiatives for Bucks County’s meetings, weddings/celebrations, group tour, and sports markets.
- Supports the Industry Relations department by attending and representing VBC at leisure events and festivals.
- Research industry trends and best practices to propose ideas to VBC for possible implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or Graduate students pursuing roles in the Tourism & Hospitality, Events, Communications, or Marketing fields are preferred.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate and handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Previous event planning experience a plus.
Compensation: Non-paid internship, internships available for college credit.
Takeaways: VBC interns will learn all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industry and the daily operation of a destination management organization by working on a variety of hands-on projects with other departments and external tourism partners. Industry Relations interns gain experience working in a customer relationship management system, servicing partners and planning and executing events. Successful interns may receive a positive recommendation upon internship completion.
Job Type: Internship