I have the following immediate need with our direct client below. If you have any candidates for this please email their resume, rate, contact info and current location to me. Thanks!
Windows Engineer – Active Directory
Will Hire over the phone if candidate is not local.
Candidates Must be available with 2 weeks notice and not candidates that are immediately available as the onboarding process for this client can be up to 6-8 weeks. Candidates must also have no gaps in employment and a 4 year degree. This project will be working for a government agency so candidates will also have to obtain a public trust clearance within the 1st twelve months of being on the project.
Years of Experience:
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for integration and implementation of the hybrid cloud infrastructure that will support the Census 2020 System of Systems. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will develop internal team standards and processes as well as documentation for the design, implementation, operations, and accreditation of Cots infrastructure management solutions. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will build and integrate new systems and assist in the migration of applications, Cots, , Gots, and Foss products to a new physical datacenter and/ or cloud resources; providing technological recommendations of infrastructure solutions; implementing the solution(s) required to fulfill the system and solution level requirements; and for supporting development, integration, test and validation activities to prove system effectiveness, performance, and readiness during critical test events leading up to the 2020 survey.
- The Engineer will provide overall Directory Services architectural expertise, engineering and operational support for the Client environments. This position will have strong focus in the areas of directory services (Active Directory, Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services, LDAP, Kerberos, ntlm, and Group Policies) as well as the overall infrastructure stack (Windows Server, Unix/Linux, dns).
- The Engineer will be well rounded and versed in all aspects of core infrastructure and best practices
- Contributes to the formulation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide baseline of operating systems and software for the implementation, operation, and maintenance of a platform-as-a-service for a hybrid cloud compute model
- Define evaluation criteria and questionnaires for assessment teams to determine a system or application’s current state in terms of inter connectivity, external dependencies, software stack, and other requirements as required to replicate the system
- Provides input on the development of an Analysis of Alternatives for Bcdr solution(s)
- Provides input on the development of design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials
- Performs training for engineering and operations staff as required
- Performs integration of Operating System and Cots for custom in-house developed products
- Performs full integration of DevOps tools that support continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Provides input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of It systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. Keeps current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and procedures
- Reviews and provides input to policies and standard operating procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Works closely with vendors, Enterprise Infrastructure Architect and Enterprise Software Architect in designing and managing the Client Directory Services Environment
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert, Sme, for design reviews, technology and tool selection.
- Reviews business solutions, design, test and implementation plans created by team and ensures adherence to standards and best practices.
- Establishes guidelines for production, staging, Qa, and development environments.
- 10 full-time years of experience; Prior consulting, Professional Services and/or Enterprise Experience preferred
- Must have advanced level knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the field of specialization.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (Itil) version 3 or higher certification required or obtained within one (1) year of accepting position
- Must be familiar with source and artifact control and configuration management
- Advanced vendor certifications preferred
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work
- Proven judgment and problem solving skills
- Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in datacenter and cloud technologies
- Proficient in datacenter storage and network system
- Proficient in Enterprise Identify Management, Dns, and Lpam technologies
- Sme in Active Directory Architecture, Design, and Support
- Sme in Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services Architecture, Design, and Support
- Sme with Windows Servers installation and configuration and deployment.
- Sme with Cross domain validation scenarios, i.e. (Windows Trust Relationships)
- Expert with Kerberos, Ntlm, and Ldap authentication protocols
- Sme with Group Policy Architecture, Design, and Support
- Proficient in with Windows/Unix Integration
- Proficient in implementing Directory and Host OS Security Best Practices and Configuration
- Proficient in Linux and Windows datacenter server systems
- Proficient in developing standards, baselines
- Proficient in PowerShell, bash or other scripting languages
- Proficient in orchestration and workflow automation and development
- Experienced in supporting project teams in all phases of development the development lifecycle
- Experience in large scale migrations of projects, data, and persons to and from a commodity compute systems
- Proficient in determining the appropriate strategy for recoverability and continuity of business operations