The National Lacrosse League is searching for an individual that is passionate about developing a career in sports. The PR & Communications Intern will be primarily responsible for assisting our Marketing department in developing press releases and story lines to effectively communicate the League’s brand and narrative. Internships with the National Lacrosse League will provide qualified interns with a valuable learning experience and exposure to all facets of a professional lacrosse league’s operations.
Interns may be asked to work nights and weekends. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a communications-related field
- A passion for public/media relations and storytelling
- Understanding of sports communications or public/media relations at either the professional or collegiate level
- Ability to quickly understand the of the league’s history and the current state of lacrosse in North America
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)
- Ability to cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written skills, including editing and working knowledge of and adherence to writing formats and styles (APA/MLA etc.)
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to understand prioritization to manage workload
- Ability to navigate quickly in a fast-paced environment and work with others to move project forward through to completion
- Support the development of departmental publications (e.g., media guide, communications manual, game notes, press releases, etc.)
- Monitor and report on team coverage in the local and national media
- Collect, archive and distribute media clips
- Handle credentials and media packets for League events
- Help oversee events such as press conferences, media day, etc.
- Perform additional projects as needed