Video Tester, Project Delivery Analyst
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our Project Delivery Model
Work you’ll do
Deloitte is a key partner with the 2nd largest cable company in the US and is actively expanding its presence in the Technology Services division. As part of this expansion we are seeking to hire Video Testers for the Video team. The candidates at this capacity will ensure testing activities are carried out in a timely manner and a quality product is delivered. This role will be engaged in interfacing with various client teams and also with onsite and offshore resources.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
Experience in validation of all aspects of STB testing, Guide, Line up and Entitlements, Search and Discovery, Video on Demand, Dynamic Ad Insertion, Cloud DVR
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting and triaging video related issues – front end, back end, middleware
- Responsible for knowledge within all facets of testing and should identify current process gaps and bring in innovative ideas/automation such as remote testing etc
- Clearly articulate risks, test results, go-no-go recommendations, customer impact of defects
- Create and update process documentation, standards, strategies and templates
- Provide reporting on project status and progress
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationships with stakeholders and promote/facilitate sharing of best practices to ensure overall success
- 3 + years professional work experience including experience in cable domain with specific expertise on Video line of business
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to understand impact of new requests or projects to current application interoperability and communicate impact to internal and external teams
- Effective Communication and Presentation skills
- Experience or has good understanding of Cable and Telco domain
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.