Director of Engineering
The company is expanding, adding both new technology and new equipment to support the growth and future of the organization in addition to troubleshooting and repairing existing equipment.
Engineering, Operations, Sales
Key ResponsibilitiesResolving on-the-floor production issues which may include troubleshooting
equipment or process issues. This would include seeking out problems that need
on time and within budget limits utilizing existing or alternate
resources. This would require preparation of capital equipment
requests (CER’s) and negotiation with vendors; purchase of
equipment upon CER approval; and, supervision of the installation
of new equipment, tooling or fixtures.
development and design of tooling or recommendations for fees,
speeds, or production rates.
timelines/schedules, drawings, reports, SOP’s, quality require-
ments, QAD and other process control specifications.
local environmental legislation by identifying, assessing and
resolving problems concerning the environment.
regular basis through written reports, e-mail and presentations to
all affected and/or involved.
· 5 to 10 years of project/manufacturing engineering in industrial
· Metals experience a plus but not required.
· Project engineering involved with machine design of unique manufacturing equipment or components, investigation of commercial of commercial equipment and components, selection for purchase and integration/assembly of custom equipment, installation and startup of equipment.
· Project engineering involved with facilities construction.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
· Familiar with CAD and MS software products.
· PLC programming for machine control.
· Familiar with industrial electrical systems
Skills & Qualifications
· Flexibility and willingness to work odd hours in support of 24/7 facility
· Highly organized
· Enjoys challenges
· Hands on work ethic; not afraid to get hands dirty
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Promote teamwork
· Sit for long periods of time at computer
Important to be able to:
· See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
Necessary to be able to:
· Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
· Lift no more than 55 lbs.
· Operate Forklift truck
· Hand eye coordination using hand tools and machines
· Focus on source of sound and ignore others
· Timely completion of projects with limited to no production interruption.
· Timely repair of existing equipment which minimizes impact to
· Maximization of available working capital.
· Measurable improvements made in Operation’s quality and cost
· Projects completed within budget limits established at project
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or activities. Additional duties may be needed and/or assigned to ensure the needs of the internal and external customers are met.
I confirm that I am able to perform the functions and expectations of this position as described herein and explained to me. I understand I need to contact Human Resources if a reasonable accommodation is necessary, either now or in the future.
Team Member Signature Printed Name Date
I confirm that I have explained the expectations and responsibilities of this position to the team member named above and have witnessed his/her signature.
Supervisor Signature Date
HR Verification Date
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year