Title: Clerk-Phy Offc-Frnt Desk 3
City, State: Washington Township, MI
Location: Crit Med Plz: Washin Twp 34011
Department: Crittenton WSU Academic IM
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours, Weekly - Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
The Front Desk Clerk works in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office setting.
- Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
- Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provides general office and clerical support to assigned out-patient/medical office.
- Functions as work leader for staff by answering questions and handling problems as they arise. Assures policy and procedure changes are distributed to staff in a timely manner. Handles daily department operations in absence of the supervisor.
- Reviews billing/insurance questions/problems with patient guarantor, insurance plan and patient financial services and refers to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Reviews encounter forms for correlation of diagnosis with services provided. Inputs diagnostic and/or procedural codes utilizing ICD 9 and CPT 4 manuals, enters on-line charges and collects pre-determined deductable, co-pay and self-responsible portion for non covered benefits. Inputs charges from inpatient physician billing form, admission-discharge-transfer report, and/or admission pace sheets into on-line system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of clerical experience to include customer service.
- One year of registrar or billing experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical/Physician Billing: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clerical: 1 year (Required)