Under close supervision, the Customer Care Agent will work in the Call Center providing exceptional customer service to active members, retired members, beneficiaries, and the general public via telephone, e-mail, or fax. Candidates for this position will possess excellent decision-making and judgment skills and be able to work in a team environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to review, comprehend and speak knowledgeably to members regarding current laws, agency policies, web services, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience using automated phone software.
- Above average computer skills to include the ability to navigate multiple screens to access information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Some college coursework and 3 years call center experience working in financial, banking, health or insurance industry.
- Must be able to work during the hours of 7:30 am-5:30 pm (Monday -Friday).
- Ability to handle 100-200 incoming calls per day.
- Ability to type 30 WPM accurately.
- Moderate knowledge of how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
*All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check.
The Teachers Retirement System of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Call Center: 3 years (Required)
- Atlanta, GA 30318 (Preferred)