- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in automotive quality assurance required.
- CQE, CQA, CQM preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel when necessary (10% - 20%)
- Previous experience dealing with customers and suppliers on a management level required.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the TS 16949 requirements and the AIAG core tools.
- Represent quality department and working with Engineering to perform all Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities, customer relations, internal and external corrective actions (5 phases and 8 disciplines), process control plans and inspection instructions, and statistical process control.
- Maintain APQP meeting notes, action registrars and summaries, assist with development of Customer Focus Plan (CFP).
- Champion gauging strategies and purchases.
- Develop and implement prototype and pre-launch control plans prior to any such production runs.
- Develop specific instructions for capability studies performed in accordance with APQP activities, develop, complete and submit all PPAP requirements and documentation. This includes supplier PPAP requirements.
- Develop and implement inspection instructions, C.A.R.E./Containment instructions, and process control check sheets. Ensure that all requirements of APQP are complied with or waived.
- Monitor production lines and personnel to ensure operators have the necessary tools, instructions, etc. in which to control their process and personnel are aware of customer issued.
- Compile and report pertinent quality data for production, customer and supplier.
- Monitor process capabilities and perform capability studies when needed or required, complete customers required reporting, and investigate and report corrective action for all characteristics that do not meet minimum requirements.
- Issue and champion monthly requests for corrective action (8D) as appropriate. Issue
- Participate in the Material Review Board process and review and dispose of NSM on a daily basis.
- Develop, implement and coordinate statistical process control activities for the plant.
- Champion team meetings. Document and report continuous quality improvement activities for the plant.
- Perform continuous maintenance and development of process control plans and process FMEA’s.
- Ensure that any changes to the approved process are documented and approved prior to the change.
- Champion for customer 8D actions and maintain action records in accordance with company policies.
- Act as customer liaison for the plant.
- Monitor, control and improve supplier quality performance.
- Perform supplier audits and site visits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs
Current Shift Days
Employment Type Full Time Salary
Percentage of Travel Required 1-10%