- 5+ years of relevant, broad research experience after PhD degree or equivalent in a highly quantitative analysis field.
- Deep and broad expertise across at least one Applied Science discipline (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining, Computer Vision, NLP, Recommendations, etc.)
- Skills with Python, Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, Matlab or similar scripting language
- Experience with deep learning libraries, such as MXNet
- Experience with algorithm development
Are you passionate about building systems that process massive amounts of data? Are you excited by developing and productionizing machine learning, deep learning and computer vision algorithms? Do you enjoy working with a huge diversity of engineers, machine learning scientists, and user-experience designers? If so, you have found the right match!
The vision for Amazon Fashion is to create services, processes, tools and platforms to support innovative and engaging fashion experiences. The Fashion Science team at Amazon aims to make Amazon the number one online shopping destination for Fashion. We are seeking a Senior Applied Scientist who has a solid background in applied Machine Learning and Computer Vision, deep passion for building data-driven products and has of executing complex projects and deliver solutions that directly impact customers.
Fashion is extremely fast-moving, visual, subjective, and it presents numerous unique challenges in areas such as product recommendations, product discovery and data quality. The Fashion Science team builds large-scale machine learning systems to address these. We leverage the massive computing power of Amazon Web Services as well as big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop to build data pipelines for hundreds of millions of products. Our data is used by numerous front-end teams to deliver amazing experiences to customers all around the world.
- Lead complex projects that design and build machine-learning, natural language processing, and computer vision solutions for our customers
- Collaborate with PMs in Designers on customer-facing experiences that will utilize this data to transform the apparel shopping experience for Amazon customers.
- Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
- Drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner.
- Provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
- Experience with distributed machine learning systems
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Leadership experience in a research team, including planning, mentoring, and ownership of group outcomes.
- Communication and data presentation skills
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.