Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Eastman has recently launched two new fiber products for Textiles and has made significant investments in Technology, Commercial, and Marketing capabilities. Avra™ is a polyester based microfiber that enables a unique combination of moisture management, breathability, and comfort. Naia™ is a cellulosic yarn with a combination of soft hand, breathability and comfort. The Textiles initiative is one of Eastman’s top corporate growth programs.
This role reports to the Textiles Platform Innovation Director with a strong dotted line to the Textiles Marketing Director
The Sustainability Leader is responsible for integrating Sustainability issues and themes with current and new marketing programs.
Specific areas of responsibility:
Key Performance Indicators include:
- Assess current product and market strategies against Sustainability trends and recommend changes
- Engages deeply with brands to understand sustainability trends and impact on material selection
- Develops horizon view of Sustainability issues in Textiles and integrates with multi generation technology and product plans
- Integrate Sustainability with current marketing programs and marketing strategy
- Develop and deliver value propositions that drive desired behavior change in the market
- Develops customer insights and communicates with broader organization
- Collaborate with technology, marketing, and business leads and other key functions/stakeholders
- New program launches where Sustainability themes are built into marketing choices
- Develop and integrate Sustainability strategy with Textiles growth strategy
- Develop and maintain a broad network of relationships with decision makers and influencers at key brands and mills
- Understands brand and mill buying processes and seasonal launch cycles
- Can adapt go to market strategy in response to changing market or competitive conditions
- Effective planning skills—build and implement a territory management plan; prioritize efforts and resources
- External focus—understands and represents customer and market voice to Eastman
Qualifications, Desired Experience, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required (Marketing, Chemistry, Business, or Engineering preferred)
- 5-10 years of experience in the textiles industry, preferably with Brands, working on Sustainability
- Deep understanding of Sustainability networks and coalitions within the Textiles industry
- Strong external focus and high bias for action
- Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix-based environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Strategic thinker with strong collaboration, interpersonal, team skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.