Optical Sales Manager
For Eyes Optical
Proud to be part of the GrandVision family, For Eyes Optical is one of the leading and most trusted Opticians in the
United States. In 1972 Philadelphia, a few friends had an idea: create an optical store that combined a friendly open environment with a fair pricing structure and a high quality product. We are proud to say that our commitment to value and customer continues every day at our over 140 stores to this day.
Our dedicated store associates are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and focusing on each customers unique needs - this continues through the order fulfilment process where we utilize our own state of the art lab in Hialeah, Florida for every order. We never job out our customers to outside vendors, each lens is hand made by our in house staff, some of whom have been working with us over 30 years.
For Eyes' regular retail prices are 30% to 50% less than most retail optical companies for identical products and services. A major consumer publication's survey showed that the average For Eyes retail price was 42% less than the average retail price at other optical chains.
For Eyes Optical carries all major eyewear brands as well as the latest prescription lens technology. We own and operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, ensuring the most advanced level of quality control. Our dedicated store associates are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and focusing on fulfilling each customer's individual needs.
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retail and is committed to delivering superior, high quality and affordable eye care to people around the world. With over 6,100 stores and online, GrandVision is present in 44 different countries. GrandVision delivers expert optical services, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and sunglasses, both non-prescription and with prescription lenses through a portfolio of optical retail banners. The stores operate under 34 well-known local retail banners which in some cases look back at a heritage of over 120 years. The GrandVision retail banners are often the leaders in their respective countries. Our professional, dedicated, highly qualified and customer caring employees are at the heart of GrandVision. They prove every day that in _EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE. _
More than 150 million customers are served each year by 31,000 employees with a global annual turnover of 3.2 billion euro (2015). The role of a global leader in optical retail starts with people – people who truly care about customers and who truly care about eye care. The commitment to eye care underpins everything GrandVision does, both in stores and online. GrandVision’s aim is to attract people who share this passion for eye care and then help to grow and develop their expertise and careers.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job; passionate about customer satisfaction and developing our people we look for potential to grow within the job and within the company – our preference is to always promote internally where we can. Many of our managers, leaders and professional optical teams have come from internal promotion and career sponsorship. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go.
We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and areas of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
JOB DESCRIPTION: STORE MANAGER
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to lead, drive, and carry out the functions necessary to meet store business objectives while satisfying the needs of For Eyes customers. To uphold Company’s standards of excellence in customer service; encourage customer recommendations and repeat business.
Reports to: Regional Manager Direct Reports:
Remuneration: (If applicable)
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Supervise and control the operations of the store in compliance with all company security, personnel and optical policies and procedures. Manage in-store marketing; maintain proper inventory levels and merchandise displays, complete required reports. Properly complete all reports and projects on a timely basis
- Ensure all employees meet customer satisfaction goals; effectively resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Ensure store meets assigned performance objectives, such as sales, payroll, accounts receivables, re-do’s, cost of goods, P&L.
- Delegate store responsibilities among staff; monitor retail floor activity, rotate personnel to ensure optimum customer service and minimize need for overtime. Establish store-staffing schedules; monitor and coordinate breaks and meal periods
- Coach and train associates in technical dispensing techniques, sales, customer service, and bookkeeping functions. Continuously develop co-workers’ optical knowledge and skills
- Develop store staff and determine employee growth potential through promotions, demotions, transfers, and terminations. Monitor and maintain records to gauge individual performance. Conduct work performance counseling and performance evaluations. Positively motivate staff through praise, guidance, and recognition
- Immediately notify District Manager or Human Resources department of potential litigation problems or issues.
- Personally achieve established sales goals and objectives; assist customers in frame and lens selection, accurately complete all required paperwork, accurately measure and order customer spectacles; dispense optical eyewear in accordance with professional standards and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations, perform repairs, adjustments and deliveries of eyewear; verify accuracy of completed eyewear, answer telephones, input data
- Inspect and ensure facility’s exterior and interior are clean and attractive condition by taking proper care for the items within your control. Report repair needs promptly and accurately
- Maintain merchandise displays in a clean and attractive fashion. Implement lens and price changes promptly and accurately. Recommend changes in stock to respond to industry technical and fashion trends. Shop competition in market area to stay abreast of current activities
- Protect all Company assets, including inventory, cash, credit card drafts, bank deposits, and equipment. Follow proper procedures when accepting checks and credit cards. Manage daily bank deposit(s)
- Lead and deliver individual and store sales goal. Achieve established key indicators and capture goals. Ability to overcome objections and challenges that may be presented to store and individuals
- Coach, develop and train associates in all aspects of job function including delivering sales and key indicator goals, optical knowledge and low redo percentage, high customer service standards including positive consumer reviews and customer praise
- Recruit, interview and hire top talent to For Eyes. Actively recruits and networks to build a bench of talented candidates for home store and surrounding store
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees (dispensing opticians, optometrists, optometric assistants, Lab personnel and other supporting staff), customers, vendors and local area optometrists and ophthalmologists
- Lead positive attitude toward all company objectives and directives; demonstrate teamwork at all times, including attendance at staff meetings and other training or company functions as required. Continually promote, support, and reinforce the For Eyes philosophy of the 3 C’s: “Take care of the Customer, the Company, and Co- workers”
- Lead compliance to ensure that store complies with federal, state and local regulatory requirements like but not limited to privacy, discrimination, safety and labor. Report and correct non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly
- Prompt and accurate communication response to complaints, inquiries, and incidents regarding service, safety, and security
- Maintain registration in good standing with the State Board of Opticians as a licensed/registered optician (Where required)
- Drive to make bank deposits in locations that drive to the bank to make deposits
- Foster Teamwork and maintain a positive working relationship with your co-workers, supervisors, and optometry practice that supports and contributes to exam growth, high capture rate, and delivering sales goals
- Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge
- Successfully complete For Eyes training requirements in a timely manner
- Demonstrate dedication to honest and ethical business practices at all times
- Uphold company standards to professional behavior in all business dealings
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Other assignments as required
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Includes lifting up to 25 lbs
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, co-workers and company. Must be able to exchange accurate and understood information in these situations
- Ability to move about the store to access sales floor, adjustment area, office machinery, etc.
- Repetitive hand and eye coordination and strength to make fine motor eyewear adjustments
- Adequate visual acuity to read lensometer, take eye measurements, and product SKUs.
- Ability to remember and recall details like optics, promotions, insurance, and customer encounters
- Considerable data entry into a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to enter accurate information
- Constantly positions self to access customers, product, and computers, including frame racks and products under counters and inside cabinetry
- Occasionally ascend/descends a ladder for store maintenance, i.e. cleaning, change light bulbs etc.
Key Performance Indicators:
Required Qualifications/Level of Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Should have a minimum of one year retail sales and/or customer service work experience
- Math and algebra ability to teach, calculate and understand optical math, sales, and insurance payments
- Maintain a valid ABO Certification and State license/registration in good standing
- Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Frequent travel and work in different store locations in District
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record for locations where staff drive to bank to make deposits
- Drive Results
- Financial Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Customer/Client Focus
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (high level of English is a necessity)
- Maintains a professional image
- High level of energy and ambition to realize a positive impact
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $56,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- optical: 2 years (Required)