Tektronix Technical Support Center is looking for a customer focused Product Application Engineer to join our stellar organization. This position is suitable for an engineer with limited but applicable work experience and academic credentials, or a new graduate with applicable practical experience and curriculum.
As a vital team member you will provide top-tier customer technical support for Tektronix leading-edge Oscilloscopes and Real-time Spectrum Analyzer related applications. Our customers are engineers within the largest and most advanced technology companies. Each day you will partner 1:1 with these customers to solve the broad variety of complex engineering challenges encountered as they invent, develop, deploy or maintain their next-generation products. You will also work with our sales team to drive customer preference for our products and provide pre-and post-sale engineering support. Enabling your success is access to the highest-caliber engineering talent in the world, support tools, training and infrastructure that allow you to interact with customers in real-time, and a culture which encourages technical and professional growth and esprit de corps.
As a Product Application Engineer at Tektronix you will be part of a global company that leads in its markets, is recognized around the world for quality and engineering excellence, and which strives for total customer satisfaction. You will also be exceptionally well positioned for diverse career development.
This position supports our Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzers products and related applications via direct interaction with our internal and external customers, in an energized and team-centric work environment. To succeed in this exciting role you must possess: - Demonstrable understanding of Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers and related applications gained from both academic and practical experience.
- Strong desire to learn (or practical experience with) SATA, USB, DDR, PCIe, and Display Port serial standards is a key part of this position.
- Recent experience with oscilloscopes and contemporary applications, in addition to knowledge of probing, analog vs digital scopes, etc. are very desirable.
- Oscilloscope knowledge should include solid grasp of electronics and design fundamentals.
- Programming experience to include expertise with at least one high-level language (C++, VB, Matlab, Python, etc.), with broader programming experience, particularly experience closely related to 'scope applications, desired.
- You will need demonstrably excellent customer communication skills, and posses’ detail-orientation needed to track multiple, complex customer interactions quickly and accurately. We are a highly motivated, hardworking team which is largely self-directed, thus you will bring a commitment to excellence and personal success.
- BSEE or equivalent degree is required
You must possess a passion for teamwork and strong desire for learning. Other skills required to succeed include exceptional written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills that foster high-value relationships with both customers and the extended Tektronix Team. PC and relevant software skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are required.
Due to US Department of Commerce export control regulations governing technical data of Tektronix products, Tektronix needs to know the citizenship of all its employees. Note that US Citizenship is not required for most positions. Hired candidates will be asked to bring proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, green card, visa or similar) on their first day of work.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System.