Executive Administrative Assistant- Accounting
General Statement of Duties: Provides secretarial and administrative assistance, requiring extensive exercise of independent judgment to Controllers and Sr. Vice President, Controller. Maintains high level of professionalism, communication and confidentiality in interactions with staff and outside contacts.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to the Controllers and Sr. Vice President, Controller and supports the Accounting Department.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Examples of Duties: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
· Requires extensive telephone communication with banks, contractors, investors and professionals.
· Prepares correspondence, corporate reports, agreements and housing program applications.
· Administers Investors Services, including investor transfers, requests and mailings.
· Establish and maintain vendors in software system.
· Establish and maintain DUNS numbers, SAM registrations and Grant registration.
· Coordinates and oversees tax return mailings and payments to taxing authorities.
· Coordinates internal and external report distribution including year-end audited financial statements.
· Coordinates meetings and conference calls amongst multiple parties including resources for meetings, conference rooms, travel arrangements, equipment and refreshment.
· Maintains appointment and account calendars as requested.
· Stamps, codes and process invoices and expense reports including maintenance of the log tracking invoices received.
· Monitors and distributes incoming mail and faxes.
· Maintains accurate and complete files and records.
· Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
· Responsible for bank account set up with multiple banking institutions. Maintains the banking folder on company network, as well as banking lists and records.
· Establish and maintain tracking schedules for all projects. Including but not limited to: audited financial statements, tax returns, bank accounts and investor transfers.
· Oversees and maintains off site storage files.
· Recommend improvements to administrative processes in the Accounting Department.
· Receives guests and visitors as requested.
Education: Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three or more years in administrative functions or equivalent, with experience performing independent projects. A financial background a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational skills with attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; ability to willingly learn new methods and techniques in the admin. functions of the office; be an active team member within the company.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time