- We offer competitive compensation in the area: $19 to $23 per hour DOE.
- Paid training.
- Part-time and Full-Time positions are available.
- At the minimum, must possess part-time availability in the PM M-F (3:00 and after).
- Having access to a reliable vehicle is required to be considered.
What Does a Behavior Technician Do?
Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst©, as a BT, you would provide direct in-home/community-based Applied Behavior Analysis, ABA, therapy services for children diagnosed on the autism spectrum. You will learn how to:
- Implement programs based on ABA principles improving communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Responsible for maintaining positive rapport with supervisors/teams and families, communicating professionally, punctual and consistent attendance, time management, and performance improvement, including responding appropriately to feedback.
- Keep a consistent record of client’s progress.
- Manage challenging behaviors that occur.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Travel to client’s homes/community settings, as required to deliver services.
- May be responsible for diapering and toileting if applicable, and for cleaning, sanitizing and/or disinfecting toys or work surfaces
Level of Education, Trainingand Qualifications:
- Earned a minimum of a high school degree. Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology or a related field (preferred)
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills: both spoken and written
- Offer, at the minimum, part-time availability in the PM (3:00 and after)
- Possess a driver's license with reliable transportation and auto insurance for driving to clients' homes/schools
- Have access to a working cell phone.
- Familiar with ABA and/or managing challenging behaviors with kids (preferred)
- Supervised, engaged with, and entertained children in other roles (preferred)
- Have the ability to regularly walk, stand, or squat, crouch, bend, stoop, sit on the ground, and stand up from the ground or floor. Regularly kneel, crawl on the floor, and sit in child-sized chairs, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may require running or otherwise moving quickly.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to regularly enter data into a computer/tablet/phone; regularly use a computer/tablet/phone to view electronic screens.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Specific auditory abilities required by this job include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal to below normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discrimination in sound, spatial awareness of sounds and speech at a variety of volume levels, often in background noise.
- Be able to speak in a manner easily understood, be capable of driving a motor vehicle regularly.
Join STE Consultants and start your career in Applied Behavior Analysis
Are you looking for a role in which you can make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities and special needs? Our goal is to increase our clients' quality of life by using the technology of ABA, while also providing the appropriate tools for our staff to grow and advance within our field. Joining our team will not only allow you to represent a company with a stellar reputation, but will also provide you with the opportunity to continue your education, develop your career, and empower some incredible kids.
We will equip you with all the necessary tools and training to become a successful Behavior Technician, regardless of whether or not you've worked in this field before. Our training programs and evaluation systems are aligned with the standards for this credential per the Behavior Analyst Certification Board© Do you think you have what it takes? Are you ready to learn? Then send us your application and we'd be happy to discuss the position further with you!
Learn about us: www.STEConsultants.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00 /hour
- working with children: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Redwood City, CA (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)