- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
- 5+ years experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
- 5+ years experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
Amazon Web Services is looking for talented System Development Engineers who have experience with distributed files and storage solutions. Come join the team that is building a disruptive service for accessing and storing files. Our globally distributed service must be able to process million records per second, and scale to handle over 50x that traffic. It is equally critical that our platform provide highly available, highly reliable processing of files and transactions. If you’re excited about building a distributed system capable of handling exabytes of data, this is your dream job.
The successful Systems Development Engineer will be instrumental in building, operating, and scaling a massive distributive files system and storage gateway service. We are looking for someone who is intelligent, passionate about operational excellence at a large scale, thrives on tackling new challenges, and wants to support the mission.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you on board. AWS is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity to help launch new services
You will be expected to deliver on these kinds of things in the first twelve months on the job:
- Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system: providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives
- Participate in expanding the system to additional access points worldwide.
- Develop system management software, scripts, and tools to automate operational tasks
- Manage fleet inventory, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
- Troubleshoot, perform various system maintenance tasks (your hands get dirty here) and participate in on-call rotation
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age