Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the recruitment process, from sourcing and attracting talent through generating recruitment plans to extend offers and onboarding for positions at all levels and areas of the business to include Outside Sales Representatives, Inside Sales, Designers, Counter Sales, Customer Service, and other support positions. This position will support/coordinate with the COO, Director of Distribution Services, Customer Service Manager, Regional Sales Managers, Branch Management Team, and Corporate Trainer to develop recruiting excellence for the organization.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires. Ultimately, you will create strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs.
- Partners with hiring managers to identify staffing needs, job specifications, duties and responsibilities, competencies, qualifications, and skills
- Develops and implements various recruitment plans for maximizing applicant flow. This includes but is not limited to: cold calling, sourcing internet/job boards, relevant publications, employee referrals, hosting career events, attending career events and building partnerships with educational institutes and other entities.
- Manages the internal job posting and employee referral program.
- Screens applicants through analyzing resumes and applications and forwards qualified applicants to hiring manager. Schedules and conducts interviews, phone screening, background checks, and extends formal job offers.
- Regularly communicates with hiring managers on the recruiting status.
- Creates Onboarding and Talent Management programs through Paylocity.
- Administers standardized onboarding process by role. Processes all necessary forms for all new hires.
- Coordinates/Schedules New Hire Orientation with Corporate Trainer.
- Maintains up-to-date job descriptions for all jobs. Tracks compensation levels and trends by role and location.
- Creates and maintains Performance Evaluation program.
- Provides guidance, coaching/training, and reference information/materials to hiring managers in preparation for applicant interviews.
- Maintains online recruiting presence on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Indeed, etc.
- Conducts exit interviews on terminating employees.
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- System Savvy.You are skilled with systems and learning new tools. You have experience using/implementing HRIS systems.
- You are proactive about solving problems and going above and beyond to get the job complete.
- Process Oriented.You have experience working with processes and possess great attention to detail.
- Self-driven.You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- Naturally curious.You think outside the box. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve and optimize your duties.
- Master Juggler.You understand how to manage multiple priorities and understand how the little pieces fit together.
- You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something new.
- Customer Service.You identify and respond to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or a relevant field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of full cycle recruiting.
- Extremely perceptive person, who can relate to individuals at all levels.
- Proven work experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist or similar role.
- Proficiency using MS Office and HRIS systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills to identify issues, offer solutions and prioritize action plans.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills. Ability to multitask, strong follow-up skills and proven ability to manage escalations and meet deadlines.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday
Participation in local job fairs and proactive recruiting may require additional hours.
About our Company:
Bob Hughes Sr. founded Mosaic in 1972 with one goal in mind: to provide the best possible service to his customers by offering unique tiles for bathrooms and kitchens. Now, 40 years later, the team at Mosaic continues to deliver that very promise. Robby Hughes, Bob’s son and current president and CEO of Mosaic, leads the team responsible.
In addition to Robby, Mosaic boasts a highly capable leadership team, including James Igoe, general manager; Sean Schaefer, operations manager; and Alison Geare, marketing manager. With over 150 dedicated employees and 9 locations, Mosaic still operates with one goal in mind: to provide the best possible service – the Mosaic Experience – to each and every customer, each and every day. Due to Mosaic’s leadership and well-informed team, the company has grown to become one of the largest independent tile distributors in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Va., Mosaic occupies a broad geographic footprint, serving customers in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware and Washington, D.C. Mosaic’s showrooms are open to the public, and appointments for full project design services are encouraged.
Mosaic: Products. Design. Solutions.
We understand that our employees work hard so we offer a competitive salary plus commission compensation structure and a generous benefits package. Our work environment is supportive, family-oriented, and cooperative because we all share the same goal of amazing customer satisfaction. To ensure that you succeed we will support you with an intensive paid orientation and ongoing training program, and we are dedicated to a commitment of promoting from within. Specific benefits include:
- Health and Dental insurance through Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- 10 paid holidays per year including your birthday
- Paid vacation commensurate with experience level (minimum of 8 working days)
- Short-term disability coverage provided by the company
- Long-term disability coverage available to the employee
- 401K Program
- Automatic Life Insurance Enrollment
- Special employee product discounts
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)