Overview & Responsibilities
Serves as the first line of customer support as a payroll analyst, providing operational support to the various payroll functions, field operations, legal department and employees. This is a non-exempt, hourly role - perfect for someone with a couple years' of experience.
85% Operations Support
- Monitor and manage case tracking system (HEAT) incidents for the Payroll Systems and Support team. Ensuring correct assignment, SLA’s and back up procedures are followed
- Document issues and solutions on payroll teams Wiki page, as well as ensure adequate communication of problem resolutions
- Provide ad-hoc reports to various levels of management
- Owner of garnishment processing. This includes managing our vendor relationship (OSV), processing orders, refunds and weekly funding, balancing and auditing deductions, auditing and approving invoices. As well as investigating and supporting escalated employee issues/questions.
- Provide earnings registers, time sheets and pay slips for legal requests
- Maintain yearly PUCAR spreadsheet and process, ensuring deductions within Workday are made properly, and year end true up is accurate
- Owner of pay card inventory and requests
- Process returned checks as received, and quarterly escheatment audit
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
15% Process Improvement
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- Recommend and participate in the development of new functional processes based on previous resolution of issues
- Proactively identify departmental process or procedural obstacles and make recommendations for resolution or revision
- Maintain and document all processes (Job Aides) for the Systems and Support team
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
- Builds trust with others by following through on commitments
- Conducts oneself ethically in personal and business interactions
- Brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways
- Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives
- Pursues challenging goals; Shows a strong drive to achieve meaningful results
- Anticipates potential roadblocks and challenges.
- Proactively raises and/or resolves issues as they arise
- Works productively in the face of multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
- Conveys information clearly and concisely in written and spoken communication
- Expresses self clearly and appropriately in group and individual interactions
- Listens actively, acknowledges and summarizes others’ comments to ensure understanding
- Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
Collaborate with Others
- Readily involves others appropriately to accomplish individual and group goals
- Invites and builds on the ideas, input and feedback received from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
Requirements & Qualifications
- Initiates and develops productive relationships with others; relates to others in an open, respectful and approachable manner
- Manages disagreements tactfully, working toward win-win situations
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant payroll experience
- WorkDay experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication, customer service and analytical skills
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and be a creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet changing deadlines
- Understanding of a large volume payroll and HR processes
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 8 hours per day
- Climbing stairs to access buildings.
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
Who we are. What we do.
- Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
E qual Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associate Requisition ID Req.65335
# of Openings 1
Category (Portal Searching) Finance and Accounting