Sealaska Government Services is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our internal team. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report up to the Senior Controller, with our AP Manager providing daily supervision. Located on-site in our downtown Seattle, WA office location, this full-time/benefited position is responsible for all accounts payable and expense reporting across all contracts in support of Sealaska Government Services.
Who We Are:
Sealaska Government Services (SGS) was established in 2014 and is a subsidiary of our parent company Sealaska; an Alaska Native Owned Corporation founded in 1972. SGS provides support services for a number of SGS owned subsidiaries performing a variety of services including construction, environmental remediation, data analytics and project management to a wide range of government agencies and private industry clients.
Our office is ideally located in the downtown Seattle area and is located along major bus routes as well as the University light rail terminal. We offer a flexible and casual work environment. This full time position includes a benefits package, competitive compensation, paid leave and reimbursement of transit or parking costs (up the IRS limit).
- Audit and process expense reports, ensuring appropriate general ledger coding, including verifying receipts, per diem rates, and contract and policy compliance
- Train new employees and guide current employees on expense reporting and Pcard reconcilement
- Prepare, maintain, verify, and process accounts payable information in accordance with SGS policies and procedures
- Receive and review invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Manage invoices for timely processing of review, approvals and payment for multiple entities
- Accurate general ledger coding of invoices, ensuring appropriate department classification according to budgets and programs
- Initiate and manage vendor payments via check, ACH or wire payment
- Manage positive pay uploads for check issuances and review of any exceptions
- Manage accounts payable period closing, including communicating with accountants about accruals
- Prepare AP adjustment entries as needed
- Maintain vendor information in Sage Timberline and Deltek Costpoint
- Maintain W-9 database for 1099 requirements including IRS TIN matching and complete annual 1099 reporting
- Process and upload monthly company credit card transactions into accounting systems
- Reconcile monthly purchase card receipts to bank summary, including auditing receipts for sales/use tax
- Monthly use tax reporting
- Research all payment discrepancies
- Perform data entry and spreadsheet management
- Maintain accounts payable files and records
- Respond to vendor issues and internal customer questions in a professional and timely manner
- Assist and/or perform on special projects and other related duties as assigned; duties to be updated from time to time to better reflect workload conditions
Minimum Education: Associates Degree in Accounting or closely related field preferred
Minimum Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in full cycle accounts payable and document management
- Knowledge of general ledger account coding
- Proficient with MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, data entry and ten-key
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner when up against multiple deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills for problem solving and decision making.
- Results oriented, self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and have good judgement in resolving issues
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Quick-study on new software systems
- Background in Expense Reporting
- Proficient in accounting programs Deltek Costpoint and Sage/Timberline
- Understanding of FAR, FTR and/or federal government contracting; familiar with project based accounting
- 1099 reporting
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check and reference check.