Part-Time Position Description
15512 Old Hickory Blvd. Nashville, TN 37211
Faith Church is a small, racially-diverse congregation affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church. After many decades of ministry in south Nashville, the congregation has recently hired a new pastor who specializes in revitalization work. The goal is to bring about church renewal both spiritually and numerically by adding a missional focus to all aspects our ministry (including worship). We are in the preparation phase for a Grand Reopening in the fall of 2021.
Summary of Position:
The Worship Leader is to provide input, direction, and on-stage leadership for our weekly Sunday services. He/she is to make sure that these services reflect the mission, vision, and core values of Faith Church – helping to providing inspiring worship that helps us reach out and minister to those in our surrounding neighborhoods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Leading/Directing the Praise Team
1. Coordinate the musical and vocal arrangements for the singers and instrumentalists.
2. Schedule and announce all rehearsals.
3. Lead the rehearsals in prayer and music.
4. Teach new songs to team members and congregation.
5. Assure timely distribution of music to team members for rehearsals and services.
6. Follow-up with team members who miss rehearsals or services to nurture and increase
7. Recruit new team members as needed
B. Music Planning
1. Meet regularly with the pastor for reporting and worship service planning.
2. Communicate regularly with former worship leader for mentoring/coaching.
3. Share appropriate information with the head of the Tech Team in a timely manner
4. Select and/or approve the music for the worship services
5. Maintain a record of all music purchased and files for CCLI.
6. Work at developing an annual music budget
Spiritual Gifts Required:
Creative Communication Leadership Shepherding Administration
Specific Skills/Talents Required:
A vibrant love for worshipping the Lord and leading others in worship
Ability to play an instrument(s) and lead a group in song and prayer
Team-building skills -- ability to motivate and train others
Approximately 10-15 hours per week for worship planning and execution
1. Regularly meet for prayer, planning, and coaching with the pastor
2. Accountable to the Church Council through the pastor
3. Pastor will conduct regular reviews, assisted by the Council
2. Registration for worship conferences/seminars/webinars with be covered by Faith Church
If interested in learning more about this position, contact Pastor Dan Jongsma at (313) 570-0130
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place