Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com today!
ISSA is looking for a self-motivated, super-organized, task-oriented individual to join our growing government affairs team.
The Government Affairs (GA) Coordinator responsibilities will include working closely with our advocacy team to help
educate and engage our members and policymakers.
The GA Coordinator will be responsible for developing and executing ISSA’s grassroots engagement program. They will
assist the Director in developing and managing ISSA’s government affairs and advocacy program on behalf of the
commercial and industrial cleaning industry. The GA Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of
lobbying strategies, including the drafting of statements, letters and testimonies, and coordinating activities with other
industry associations where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for rejuvenating ISSA’s grassroots and advocacy program by developing strategic grassroots.
campaigns, implementing and overseeing strategies for increased advocacy, and building and maintaining a strong
key contact program.
- Responsible for engaging ISSA members in the political process by urging them to contact their elected officials
and/or regulatory agencies on identified issues of concern using a software system designed to maximize such
- Monitor state and federal legislation for purposes of identifying, analyzing and tracking issues of concern to the
cleaning industry including but not limited to cleaning product ingredient disclosure, hazard communication,
disinfectant registration, occupational safety and health and general business issues such as healthcare, taxation,
and labor related matters.
- Help establish and maintain membership committees that are representative of the major demographic groups
within ISSA’s membership to guide the association’s advocacy and policy directions.
- Develop agenda, as well as conduct meetings and/or conference calls with committees periodically and as needed.
- Help plan and execute advocacy related events such as Fly-ins, advocacy trainings, etc.
- Work closely with committees to identify legislative and regulatory issues of importance to membership and
communicate with ISSA membership on a regular basis on these issues.
- Develop, write and edit articles, and other legislative and regulatory related content for ISSA publications, website,
and direct communications to ISSA members.
- Work with aligned industry trade associations, government officials, industry and other stakeholders in advocating
the association’s position.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, economics, marketing, political science, or a related field is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in a similar position at a trade association, advocacy organization, company, or as a
staffer for a U.S or state legislative office.
- Association work, campaign work, state or federal lobbying, and legislative tracking experience a plus.
- Experience using VoterVoice or a similar grassroots engagement software a plus.
- Experience recruiting and cultivating grassroots and grasstops advocates.
- Must be a motivated, results-oriented individual who pays attention to detail.
- Performs well in a team environment, but can also work effectively on their own with little supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn about the commercial and institutional cleaning industry and public policy issues quickly.
This position will require working standard business hours, sitting for extended periods of time, standing, and some minor
lifting. This position will require some overnight travel.
The position would have no direct reports.
ISSA is an equal employment opportunity company.